Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Good mud tire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good mud tire?

lookin for a good tire 70% mud 30% trails ive looked at mudzillas, outlaws, and silverbacks wondering if any body has any suggestions i want it to be durable on trails also wondering wat size to get dont want to get anything too big that will break a lot of stuff

Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Good mud tire?

Well I am fairly new to the atv world....I have been around for some time...just had my 48th b -day today...my daughter's bf has a Honda foreman 500 and he runs 26" mudlites...not sure if the smaller cc would be better turning a smaller tire...I just purchased a 650 Brute force...the tires are stock but seem to roll a lot on corners...so I think a stiffer side wall radial tire with medium agressive tread pattern would be a great all around packed trai land mud tire...but like I said I am new and not sure....have not shopped around yet...so I too would be interested in knowing what tire would be best for my machine as well...I think the cc of the machine and the intended use makes a difference.....keep in touch if ya find out....happy trails..can't wait for this snow to go...we are still buried in it up here...

Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good mud tire?

I would recommend a 25" or maybe 26" Mudlite XL, Mudlite XTR, or ITP 589 if you wanna get real aggressive.

http://www.itptires.com/utilityatv/mudlite.html

http://www.itptires.com/utilityatv/mudlite_xtr.html

http://www.itptires.com/utilityatv/589_ms.html

Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Good mud tire?

r u serious? the mudlites arent that aggressive neither are the 589 im talkin about outlaws, mudzillas, bi/claws, or silverbacks the mudlites dont preform that well in the mud they have good floation in water and decent on trails but thats it not that aggressive

Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Good mud tire?

i am running mudsharks on the vinson. going to need to replace the rears soon. would love to hear some feedback too on recommendations. i like the sharks, but am wanting to see what others like to run.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'
Default Good mud tire?

ITP 589 is a hard one to beat. My brother had these and they were siply unstoppable in the mud!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Good mud tire?

Look at the Carlisle Mud Wolf tires you can get them in about any size. They are a very aggressive mud tire and they are a smooth ride on the trail also.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Good mud tire?

i have the 589 on my kodiak and they are average in my opinion. they perform ok in most conditions but aren't good in florida muck

Old 07-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

I have 4 ITP Mudlites for sale. (2) 28x12x12 and (2) 28x10x12. They have only been ridden on 3 short rides and never on pavement. There are no holes plugs or anything wrong with them. They have about 95% tread left or better. I have pictures as well. If interested email me at hjlancas@olemiss.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by she thinks my hondas sexy
lookin for a good tire 70% mud 30% trails ive looked at mudzillas, outlaws, and silverbacks wondering if any body has any suggestions i want it to be durable on trails also wondering wat size to get dont want to get anything too big that will break a lot of stuff
From what I have read the outlaws and sliverbacks are about the same when it comes to mud. The outlaws paddle more and the backs climb alittle better. Both are great mud tires. The mudzilla's wear better, but dig more, which isn't always a good thing lol.

I am running the new zilla's. the are like the mudzilla but more of an all around tire. They are light, mud ride great and trail ride great. Now they are no law or back, but for the kind of riding I do they are great.

As far as size goes... I have 28" on my 450. But check around on tries wieghts. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Good mud tire?