Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

I want everybodies opinion on tire they like best

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firehog
I like the looks of the spartacus tire. I especially like the 8 plies. Let us know how you like them later. I'm pretty sure my next set will be 8 ply and definitely not mudlites!
Will do. It'll probably be 2-3 weeks before I can post anything about them. I wont be home till then, but if all goes well I have a trip planned that will include: rocky, sandy, gravely, and hardpacked trail conditions. So hopefully I'll be able to get a goood all-around feel for them. I'm going to have to try pretty hard to find some mud though, but try I will.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hey

I got a 400 Kodiak and Im having ITP Mudlites on mine. I dont ride in rocky areas but I see more trail and mud conditions then anything so i think the Mud Lite will be the tire I need.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

i would get itp 589s they are the most dependable tire i have ever owned popped both beads on the tire and drove a mile with no air in them and they dont leak on bit they are smooth on dirt little rough on pavement but if i had to go against hard terrain i would definetly go with them.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got to try out the Spartacus tires.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/driv...cus-tires.html

Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

My vote is for kenda executioners. Not the lightest, but by far better then xtr's and the best mud tire I've ever used.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by miiller
Im looking for a light weight, smooth travel mud tire. Im looking at stock size maybe one size bigger. What do you guys think?
Look into zilla's. Not the mudzilla. Zilla's. I have a set and they are great. Smooth on the trails and good in the mud. I am very happy with mine. They are a light tire too. My kodiak spins them great.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hey

I got ITP Mudlites on mine now and so far I love them! They ride pretty darn good on paved roads and good on gravel. When ya wanna get dirty they hook good in mud and have so far, never let me down, but I havent had the chance to try deep mud yet so yeah, ill have to let ya know about that another time. But honestly, your likes and dislikes will decide, no matter what we say, everybody here uses some good tires and it all depends on what ya want em to look like or do, best advice is look around and price shop or just go and look at tires and reach out for one and use whatever ya grab first!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

I have riddin on Mudlite XL's, Terracross's, Executioners, 589's, Swamplites, and Zillas. Out of those the Zillas and Terracrosses have been my favorites by far with the Zillas probably holding a slight edge just for there fun factor in the mud.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

The mudlites I have on my Vinson have had too many sidewall cuts to get my vote, I love how they handle and how they pull through the mud, but hate having to replace them so much.

My buddy has a set of 28" 589 Titans on his grizzly that have never let him down in 5 years, and I'm thinking I will get a set of 27's for my Arctic Cat TRV 650

Quick Reply: I want everybodies opinion on tire they like best