Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

What you think about lifting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:18 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What you think about lifting?

I got a 08 Brute force 750 and thinking about lifting her maybe 2".

The problem I might have is the center of gravity.

You see, when I ride I go hard on the machine, pushing the limits every time, climbing those impossible to climb mountains. I have rolled it 3 times now because it was just to steep.

I also jump my quad when ever the trail lets me, and wheelies to.

So if I lift it, will that mean I can't go as steep anymore cause it will have a greater tendency to roll, and what about landing coming off a jump, or inadvertently hitting a large hole to hard. Will that wreck or stretch the new mounting holes on the lift kit.

I only want to lift so I can get through those deep water/mud holes. Seems the stock suspension on the brute force is lower than the can-am/bombardier quads I ride with!

So what you think?

Old 03-17-2010 | 07:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default lift kits

It really depends on which kind of lift kit you purchase. If you get one that just pushes the shocks down from the frame to lower the a-arm your tires and wheels will kind of tuck into your fenders giving you a narrower track. You could also purchase a set of spacers to go with this lift to keep your track as wide or wider than stock. Also, there are lift kits that completely replace the a-arms and some use longer axle shafts. These kits will generally give your bike a wider more stable track. However, they are more expensive. The choice is yours.

Old 03-18-2010 | 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

If your worried about stretching out the holes when jumping try changing your shock springs, that will usually give you 1 to 2 inches and you wouldn't have to worry about braking anything. Buy offset wheels to give you a wider stance and as far as rolling over going up steep inclines, Can't help ya!