Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Pitbull Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitbull Tires

Has anyone tried Pitbull tires? The Growlers and Rockers look mean.

www.ATVTorture.com did some tests compared to others and they loved them..

Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

a friend of mine ordered some growlers but they sent the rockers. He really likes them. For an 8 ply tire they are very soft,flexible, and smooth. When they say the rubber is
"magical" they are right. its almost tacky when climbing on rocks and doesnt wear down like we thought they would. Ive seen big horn tires in action and the pitbulls in my opinion blow them out of the water. You wont go wrong getting them. Oh, they come in half sizes like 25.5 and 26.5 inches tall but are probably an inch taller than they say.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I am riding with the guy who did the pitbull growler review on atvtorture next month in WV. I talk to him alot about the pitbulls and he loves the rockers over any other tire. Keep in mind they are the heaviest tire out right now in their size so you may need to do some clutch work or other mods to regain lost low end.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Trailblazer

I still have the factory Carlisle 489's on now, but next time around I am going to give Pitbulls a try. I am leaning toward the Growlers at this point. I am not so concerned with the tire weight with my 800. I am probably going to stick close to the factory size. (25.5" with Pitbull)

Let me know your impressions after your WV trip.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I will definately post back my impressions for ya.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pitbull Tires

Originally Posted by Butch450
I will definately post back my impressions for ya.
Never did hear back on those Pitbull tires. Are they worth the extra $?

I never did pull the trigger on tires. I found a good deal and am thinking of picking up a set now.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Very heavy tires....

Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

My thoughts on the PB Rockers are that they are the best tire I've ever run on. I hear a lot of talk about how heavy they are, but they don't weigh much more than any good radial tire. Mine are 24lbs. heavier (total) than my Bighorns were. They will out perform any tire I've seen in the snow or on the trail. Only place I had any issue was out in Moab on the slick rock. With the divit in the middle of each lug, you have very little contact patch on the smooth rock and I had some tire spinning issues with that. Nothing but Bighorns for the ultimate Moab tire. The picture below shows what I'm talking about with the contact patch. I would assume when the divits are gone that they would also work very well in Moab, but that is just theory for now.

Name:  IMG_6431.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  199.7 KB

Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by bobx2
I hear a lot of talk about how heavy they are, but they don't weigh much more than any good radial tire. Mine are 24lbs. heavier (total) than my Bighorns were.

You might not notice it with that 850 Polaris, but put those on a 50HP machine and you will definitely feel a power loss. It don't seem like a lot, but 24lbs of unsprung weight eats up your horsepower.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Keep ya' posted...

I should be getting in my 25.5" Growlers for my quad tonight. I will keep you posted on my experience with them. I probably won't get to ride til later this week though.

I will include a comparison in traction from my Carlisle 489's, ride quality/handling, and will report any power robbing that may occur.)

Also, I will let you know what type of riding I tested these out on.

Quick Reply: Pitbull Tires