Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Pitbull Growlers -vs- Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will respectfully disagree with you that there are very many better all terrain tires than the Bighorns. I'm not saying there aren't any, just not a bunch. I've ridden on 6 different types of tires and for the riding I do the BH's were by far the best of the bunch until I tried the PB's.
As to whether or not I would have ended up with the PB's if I had ridden more tires, let me just say that I would put the PB's up against any other tire out there today. As I keep being reminded, if you have not tried them, do not judge them.
I would like to attach a link to what I feel is one of the best tire reviews I have seen, but the powers that be would probably delete that post also.
He has tested more different tires on more different atv's than most of us have even been on, and since this is a tire and wheel section of the forum it would be the type of good information people come here to find.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not even going to bother to disagree with you.

I'm happy you like your pitbulls. I’m sure they are a great and awesome tire.

I like what I like and you like what you like.

You nor some other tire review will change my mind.

The only thing that would change my mind would be to try a set for myself.

I had a set of BHs and I would never consider another set nor would I ever recommend them to a friend.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

We obviously don't seem to agree on much when it comes to this topic.
We each have our own opinions and thoughts and I'm just trying to share my experiences to try to get some information out for others to use as they see fit. Not everything is directed at you personally.
The tire review I refered to was not intended to get you to change your mind about anything. It would be information that others could use from someone who has had the chance to put hundreds of miles on various brands and designs. Not everyone gets an atv and multiple sets of tires handed to them to test and determine what they like best.
Ok, maybe that last comment was directed at you. Perhaps a hint of jealousy there.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

Just a couple of pictures of the flexibility of the 8 ply Pitbull Rockers at 7.5 psi.

Name:  P1010026Medium.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  P1010024Medium.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  151.6 KB

Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default Price?

Where did you find your best price on the Pitbull tires? I am between them and the STI XTR.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

I ordered mine through Discount Tire Direct. They had a Black Friday sale and that saved me a few bucks. Think I gave about $560 for the set delivered to my door. I would stay away from the Black Diamonds if you ride any kind of rocky country like I do. I haven't personally owned them, but my riding buddy sold his after putting less than 100 miles on them. Three flat tires in two rides, and one was a cut in the bead. He had to buy 1 new rear tire to be able to sell them as a set. Very stiff sidewalls and they run shorter than advertised. Maybe in a 12" they might perform better, but for the money I would go a different direction. He went back to Maxxis Bighorns. I would have to say that is by far the most popular tire in the Rocky Mountain region.