Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

☺ Wheel Spacers ☺

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺

Oky doke,

So... i bought some new rear wheels for my 400ex... (which i still dont have back from the rebuild... well new piston and valve. (will be 4 months in 20 days)) Well, this here has helped me get a little more patient... (waiting for shrouds and grips to come in... beadrings to come in...) It seems as if everything is taking eternity and a day.

So... My problem..

I didn't think about the offset before buying them, i got to staring at them (in my living room where i can stare at them of course ) And i noticed the offset was going to be pretty far off.. So i looked at the box, it says 3+5...
My a-arms/axle setup on the 400ex is perfect for the stock rear rims. But with these dwt's the back is going to be pretty wide. So... someone knowing my predicament offered me front wheel spacers for $50 shipped. They are tusk, and the guy had to notch part of them for his hipers to fit. He said this did not affect strength though.
As much as i hate to do this, i think i may get them. What do you guys think? How long will they hold? I ride a lot in the woods, a little mud to get somewhere (not that i try to find it), and a little mx riding. (Pretty much 2 acres of uphill jumps and a tabletop.

Ok, guess thats it.. guess i'll try to post a pic of my new stuff below.

down there

→↓
↓←

got to love my magical arrows (and magical smiley faces in the title)

Attached Thumbnails ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺-img_20120407_144324.jpg   ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺-img_20120407_113501.jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wheel spacers can leave you stranded on the mx track. They are generally fine as long as you don't leave the ground and land badly though. Should be fine in the woods as long as you don't hit any trees. You don't have the front wheels yet? If not I would just save up and run offset rims and/or longer a-arms(best solution but most$$$)

Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

I seriously considered going ahead and buying the fronts but $40 sounds cheaper than $150 right now. Seeing as how i'm looking for a new(er) truck $40 sounds pretty good, i've just got so much going on right now.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Nice wheels, I'm green with envy!!!

Personally, spacers don't do well on front as they throw the geometry out on steering pivot point. Good if you want to look cool, not practical. Go wider A arms and work from there.

Extended rear axle is better and safer option too. But you would know this, I'm sure.

Wider set up sucks on some trails, I've a DVX with Gforce rear axle and PEP front gear. Always in and out of the ruts. Really tiring but looks awsomely cool!!!!!!!

What's the price of a broken limb again?

Attached Thumbnails ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺-random-1-244.jpg   ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺-random-1-240.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Eh, thanks.

Nice little setup you've got to. I'd like to have some aftermarket shocks but i don't NEED them. I've got Lonestar +2 a-arms and Lonestar extended racing axle. And a lonestar extended stem. Sits pretty good in my opinion. Not very tippy like my 300ex. Someday i'll start throwing some money in it, to finish it. I'd like to get a lot of parts powdercoated, new fron wheels, some razr 2s, graphics, shocks, stabilizer... stuff like that..

It's not bad like it is though.. I just love the DWTs though.. anyone reading this...

Don't go with HiPers

Go with DWT!

The more i've seen and read, the more i like my aluminum wheels...

(bad pic)

Attached Thumbnails ☺ Wheel Spacers ☺-img_20120515_170001.jpg