Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

banshee transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee transmission problems

hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what going on with my bashsee heading in to town to use the phone I was riding hard in sixth gear for about 15 miles the bike started making crazy sounds I stopped and found a stick flicked up and stuck against the chain making all the noise I pulled it out and continued about 2 miles later I started getting a ticking sound sounded like from the lower end or something kinda worried me but I knew town was only like 2 or 3 turns away so I just rode it to the pay phone and but when I went to down shift it wouldn't shift clutch worked fine but when i pressed the lever it just made a grinding sound so I parked it made my calls went back and started looking every thing over crank case oil looked good no fragments or shavings or discoloration didn't smell burned so I tried to shift it and it shifted just fine so I started it up and ran up and down the gears and every thing acted good so I road it back and and that ticking sound would come and go the whole time where should I start

Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ticking when moving only or at a stop? A stick stuck in your chain could cause additional load on your clutch...I'd pull the basket and see if it overheated (bluing of the metal disks)...but if engine is ticking at idle/burping the throttle in neutral then it may be something else...but I'd start with the simple stuff first...