Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Skat-Trak customer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skat-Trak customer service

After trying out all different brands and styles of Paddles over the years, I've found the Skat-Trak Edges to give me an ideal combination of traction and handling, so I was really bummed out a couple of weeks ago when one of the Paddles on my left tire started coming off, far enough to where it was slapping the fender. I also noticed that a few of the other paddles were beginning to detach themselves from the other tire as well, but I figured that after nearly two full seasons of hard use, this wasn't too far out of the ordinary. I returned to my dealer, ready and willing to purchase a new tire, but he convinced me that Skat-Trak might help out by pro-rating the repacement cost, or even replacing the tire under warranty. I was pretty skeptical, but I agreed to let him give it a shot, and left the tires with him.
Anyway, to make a long story short, I got a call from the dealer yesterday, and to my amazement Skat-Trak send me two brand new tires at no charge! For the cost of a new set of tires, Skat-Trak's got a customer for life! I'll recommend this company to anyone looking for paddles, it's refreshing to see a company that truly stand behind it's product like this!

Old 02-14-2003, 07:45 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I have always liked skat traks. No I can say I have always LOVED scat traks. That is so cool. I bet you were pretty happy.
DID EVERYONE HEAR THAT? BUT YOUR PRODUCTS FROM A COMPANY WHO SUPPORTS ITS CUSTOMERS (LIKE SKAT TRAK)

Old 02-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

ive ridden on my haulers for 3 seasons hard and bought them used
and are still holding up....it will also be my only choice of paddle...

i wonder if i get a discount now...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skat-Trak customer service has helped me out a couple of times too!! They are just a few miles up the freeway from where I live. A friend works there (in R&D not customer service), and he used their machine to mount/dismount tires for us once when we were in a bind.

Squidward-Are you running to low a pressure (less than 4 lbs)?? That can crack the cement that holds the paddles on.

Old 02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I'll admit to going riding without checking my tire pressures, but after facing the prospect of having to buy new tires because of it, you can be sure I'll check them more often now. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for this set, but I'd rather not push my luck. That's why I was so surprised by Skat-trak's response!