Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence

Heres a thought why not just make sure you are legal so they can't use all the noise tickets as a excuse to close the dunes. The more they give out the more support the tree huggers will get.

I personally would rather spend money on a silencer then paying for sound tickets all the time.

Old 06-28-2003, 06:27 AM
Pro Rider

Rad-R if you had a High Output quad and raced it then you'd know the answer to that one yourself! you must ride a warrior or something!

Old 06-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

ugintel well you guessed wrong both times . Thats alright though when they do close the dunes at Oregon down remember the sacrifices you were willing to make to keep them open. The last time I checked I don't remember seeing any type of sanctioned races going on in the Oregon dunes other than sand fest which happens once a year.

Old 06-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

they seem to let the noise go out at comp, but if you are at the jetty hill be careful, 5 or less runs then leave, oh and don't make those runs while the green team is there, and i don't mean the marines. if you up shift in the dunes the machines are a lot quieter, but if you hammer it all the time they will find you, and when buying just get one that proforms good but is quiet.

Old 06-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

SANDMAN430, thats exactly what i tell everyone. If your gona have a loud bike take it away from ppl and out of the parking lot and you won't have a problem. Go ahead and make a run or 2 at south jetty to warm the bike up but then get the heck outa there.

Old 06-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

I usually never race AT ALL up Jetty Hill because Im scared sh!itless to get a ticket and not be able to ride anymore. Thats why if I feel like racing I go out to comp hill because then everyone has a pipe pretty much. As for Rad-R, Unless you ride a stock machine your pretty well illegal out there. That 93 decible thing is the most unrealistic thing ever. I have yet to here a piped machine out there under 93. Hell a piped raptor 80 or 250ex is louder than 93 most likely. Also Its not the noise that will shut down the Oregon dunes, its the dumbass people who go way out of our bounderies and leave beer bottles and trash everywhere.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

Wildchild660r My quad is no where near stock I have ran several diffrent pipes and silencers all which I had tested and all were 93 and under there are companies out there that will build you a legal silencer cascade is one of them .

You can bet that they are looking for any reason to close the dunes, trash and riding outside the boundries Iam sure are real high on the list also, I have just seen to many areas in Washington shut down and hate to see it happen in Oregon I used to be able to ride 45 minutes away from my house now it is 7 hours we all know it is just a matter of time , I am going to try and do my part to hopefully extend that time.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

What were they legal pipes down there? I wasnt trying to be rude in my last post but I have yet to hear a legal fourstroke down there with a pipe. I agree I would probably go on a frickin rampage if someone shuts down the Oregon dunes so I think we should do our part in keeping them open but I just cant help the noise.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

I know for sure it would just wreck the economy in FLorence... What else is there to do in Florence?

Old 06-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

OregonYamaha - I agree with you 100%. FLorence and winchester bay THRIVE on duners. Them town would be nothing if they didnt have the dunes. I think thats why they dont crack down on noise terribily. They dont wanna run us off. Them towns would go under in a heartbeat without us.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence