Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence

Well their not going to shut it down, at absolute worst they'll regulate it to the point that it's pointless to ride there..... Hence (beer ban) the only people that have any business being there are the familys and the people that wanta race there bikes at comp..... They got rid of most of the ppl that party and tear the place up with the (beer ban) anyhow

Old 06-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Thats why I think the beer ban was a OK idea because like you said it got rid of some of the people that are causing the problems, especially on holidays.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

WILDCHILD660R- there is at least one exhaust system that will pass the oregon dunes sound check and i am sure because it is on my quad.i have an fmf q- muffler and power bomb header and when it was sound checked it came in at (92 DECIBELS).you may think that the q -muffler does not perform well because it is quiet and although it may not build the peak horsepower that some do it builds good power in the midrange which is very good for climbing dunes.i find very few four strokes that can out run me and the ones that do dont beat me by much so it is possible to have a quiet system and have good performance.i have talked with the people that do the sound checks here in oregon and it sounds as if they are looking to become much more strict about enforcement of the 93 decibel sound level in the future .

Old 06-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I wanna know what my CT pipe is then. Anybody ever tested one? Their not very loud compared to the open end cap pipes for a raptor. Most of them things are loud as hell. Doesnt radio shack sell a decible tester thing? I guess I learn a new thing everyday thanks duneittillude.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i heard and rode dunes raptor and everything he has stated is true, his honda is unbelieveable quiet plus it is rather fast glad i'm on the ds.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman - are you legal down there?

Old 06-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

wildchild 660r if you do get sound checked make sure that you are in an open area because the sound waves will bounce off of objects that are close like trees or vehicles in the parking lot and will increase the decibel level on the meter.if the rangers do want to check you and you are not in an open are just ask them to move to a open location and explain to them why and they should understand.i believe in following the rules for sound but i also think that the ones who enforce the sound rules should have a good knowledge of how to do it and they should be aware of how sound waves bouncing off other objects affects the tests they perform.remember this and do not allow them to check you where sound waves will affect the testing and you will probably test at a quieter level than you think.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Alright thanks for the info duneittillude. You would think that the rangers would have some common sense about that kinda thing but hey their government workers arent they. Do you have any idea if Im even close to being legal?

Old 06-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

Hey SandMan where you down at Florence on Memorial day weekend?

Old 06-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

True

Quick Reply: Couple of questions about the 4th at Florence