Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Pismo Beach for the 4th

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Beach for the 4th

Stay home and go the weekend after!!!!

Old 07-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Range Rover

Now I am planning on the 10th thru 12th. So hopefully won't be so crowded. One more question. Which is the best hotel to stay at on the beach. Nice and cheap.LOL. Can you ride from a hotel directly to the dunes or do you have to drive there. Thats for all your help.

Old 07-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you have to drive from any hotel to the ramp. The cops here tend to frown on that sort of thing

karyn..are we ever going to meet up? lol

Old 07-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

If you have never been to pismo, i would recommend waiting until the weekend after. There's going to
be a ton of people wanting to rent bikes. There will be people riding all over the dunes. You will have to be
looking out for everyone(not to mention the sudden drop offs in the dunes). A non-holiday weekend is much
better. I wouldn't be going if it wasn't for me wanting to test out my new toy. And i'm only going to go for the
day.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

No Facilities anywhere near Pismo/Oceano Dunes will let you drive your quad or anything except a street legal machine from those facilities. And instead, Anally, make you tow your stuff from the Beach Access Ramp, about two miles down the beach front to the parking/staging areas where you can then ride your stuff....

And to top it all off they closed lots of acreage in the last twenty years.

But don't you worry, there will be plenty of cops there to give you written reminders about which law you broke....

And you don't want to get caught with Fireworks....

Old 07-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

DaBeechMan...... There will be a group of us coming down there on the 17th...... you gonna be around???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

might, have a few new motors to dial in. Good possibility

Bud, you make the rangers out to be some really bad people. They are a lot cooler then you make them out to be.

Old 07-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

I agree Beechman. They're just out there doing their job trying to keep it safe for everyone. If you ride double, without a helmet, drunk or do something stupid, you're gonna get stopped by them. My daughter who is 9 is out riding those dunes and the last thing I want is some drunk idiot on a quad running into her.. so just be smart. Ride legally and safely and you won't have a problem!!! And if anyone in your group ever gets hurt badly on the dunes, you will think they are the best guys in the whole world cuz they're right there to help you within minutes! So I say "give em a break"![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Damn Dabeech you still tryin to get a date? J/K Lets hear it for the Rangers!!!!!!!!!!
If you keep it kool you have nothing to worry about, But get STUPID and they will let you know. Planning to be there the 5th, 19th & 20th and the 27th this month.

Oh, and a word to the wise, Dabeech seems calm and kool when you meet him. But deep inside he is that bully that likes to kick sand in your face. Does anyone know where I can get sterroids for a Banshee?

Old 07-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

Is anyone going up in August? I will be there in August 15-18. This the Portuguese Celebration, and its a really good time.......Hope to see some of you there!!!

JLew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach for the 4th