Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Pismo Beach for the 4th

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Beach for the 4th

Me and my family were thinking of going to Pismo Beach. Are there hotels close by that you can stay at. My wife is expecting so I want to make her very comfortable. Is there alot of people there for the 4th.Can you take fireworks to the beach.Please let me know if there is anything else I should know. Also can you rent quads.Thanks for all your help.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yes there are alot of places to stay, but at this late date I dont know. Yes I am sure there will be lots of people at the beach I am sure campsites are sold out. And they will site you and take your fireworks away. But its still a good time, you should come out and play.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:28 AM
Range Rover

I was planning on staying at a Hotel and than driving to the Beach. Is it like glamis and you can park on the sand if you can find a spot. Is there a website for Pismo.THanks for your help.

Old 06-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there's quite a few hotels in Pismo (Oceano Dunes) and as OutofControl said.. at this late date, their probably allready "booked up". You could try other surounding cities: Avila beach, San Luis O'Bispo or ........ You'll have to drive a little bit, but possibly they may have something avail. The beach camping is/was sold out 3-4 months ago. The crowd their on the 4th should be "HUGE"!!! and it will be really busy/hectic/crazy as it is on most all of the Big "holiday weekends". Yes you can rent quads. There's 2-3 ATV rental places: BJ's, Arne's & Steve's. Typically you go to their business locations (in town), sign paperwork, pay your money and then head out to the beach where you get the ATV's. Most rental shops are on Grand Ave. Yes you can drive on the beach. Know that it sometimes gets "tore up" and if you don't have a 4x4 you may get stuck. There are usually people that will stop and pull you out, and there's also a tow company as well. The cost for a "Day pass" you can buy ($4.00 per day). I think day-users can stay till 11:00pm. On the 4th there will be a lot of people who park on the beach for the day and that evening who will pull out late that night.

Rude Dog

Look under "Oceano Dunes"

Old 07-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Friends Of Oceano Dunes also has a website... www.oceanodunes.org... You may find more information there.

I would guess everything is sold out for this weekend... and the beach will be a complete zoo... it's a fun time, but quite crazy!!! For big holiday weekends, I would make reservations at www.reserveamerica.com.. they charge $7.00 but it's worth it not to have to pay the $250.00+ ticket for illegally camping on the beach without a permit (and they do check!!).

Pismo is a great place to ride for all ages and abilities. You just can't beat the sunset over the ocean while watching from the top of a dune... It just doesn't get any better than that.... If you've never been, I would highly recommend it... Have fun and ride safe!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm thinking of going next weekend to avoid all the people. It sounds like it is a fun place to go. The drive is about 5 hours away. That is the only down side. Thanks again people.

Old 07-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Your a little late to think about Pismo for this 4th of July.

You might get a room, maybe.

But my bet is, if your not dragging your stuff to the sand by 8 am July 4, you can just about forget finding a place to park your stuff, even for the day.

And yeah, it really will be that crowded.

Old 07-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

We're gonna go on the 17th!! Hopefully the beach won't be a total mess from the 4th! Last time after a major holiday there was soooo much trash on the beach. Sooo, if you're headed there this weekend, PLEASE haul out your trash so it's nice for others who want to enjoy it!!

Old 07-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

I went last weekend,i cant imagine the 4th of july,that place is too small

Old 07-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

theyll be day parking, just be prepared to wait a half hour at the ramp...lol

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach for the 4th