Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Two Dead At Pismo This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two Dead At Pismo This Weekend

I lent a friend a couple of bikes for the weekend, and he just dropped them off. He said it was the most crowded he has ever seen it, no doubt due to the beach closure. He also said that two riders were killed. One was dirt bikes that colided in mid air while jumping, and the other was a quad, but he didn't know any details.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was at pismo on saturday and i didn't hear or see ne thing big so it musta happened sunday. sunday i heard a lot of sirens, my mom's vacation home (where i am staying right now) is a quarter of a mile from the grover beach entrance to the dunes, and we heard a lot of sirens on sunday. i don't know what they r for, and i haven't heard ne thing about deaths. i'll check tomorrow and if i find out ne thing i'll post it. i hope nobody died, the siera club will use it to try and close more of the dunes.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Cro, I only heard of 1 fatality and he was from Moorpark. http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...ne/6294592.htm

read this.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Beach closure?? Could someone fill me in on this??

Old 07-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They closed 1/2 mile of beach camping, from pole #6 on, as a result of some greenie law suit. This crowds everybody into a smaller area.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish those damn tree huggers would go home and stop bothering every one. They ruin all our fun. They have nothing better to do with their days, so they figure out ways to screw with others.
I was in Mexico this weekend, down in Cabo, and i went quad riding. I hit a few bushes just to spite the tree huggers. The tour guide hit a few as well.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

hey, outofcontrol, thanx for the info. my friends in moorpark haven't heard of ne thing. the guy that takes care of our beach house said that he heard the cops saying something about someone dying on a motorcycle on his scanner. god, i can't beleive this happened. if ne body has more info that would be great. my condolences to his family.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

hey, i'm goin out to the dunes for the day tommorrow, i'll see what i can find out from the rangers.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

I was at Pismo this weekend too, my buddie watched as they performed CPR on one guy, now I know the actual outcome. Sad to hear. Weekends like this scare me when I have my 6, 8 and 11 year old kids out riding with me.

Old 07-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

theres another thread about this trajic event at pismo.
it is sad. i feel for the family.

but tree huggers are partly responsible for closing a section of the place off and creating unncessissary congested conditions for you all over there. they are out of control in this country. No one can do anything without tree huggers interfering. They are helping the government to erode our freedom; freedom that many gave their lives for. did our brave men and women give their lives for tree huggers to take freedom away? Where do these people get off? They violoate everyones constitutional right for freedom and the, "right to pursue happiness." That is a right garranteed byt the constitution. Seems like they forgot about that one, huh?? Riding on SAND (pretty much wasteland to society) makes us happy. Why cant we do it without someone throwing a hissy fit? Im sorry for the ranting here on this thread and forum topic, but it just makes me mad that they help cause accidents and then the'll turn around and say its the quads and close riding places down and create undesirable snowball effects for us all.... it's wrong and its gotta stop.

Quick Reply: Two Dead At Pismo This Weekend