Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Just got back from Little Sahara, OK.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Little Sahara, OK.

What can I say besides lots of crazy people. Saw some guy in a superman costume riding out there and some girls beside our camp had a sign that said "Rock out with your **** out" Dunno how many people showed up but man it was alot. A group of guys beside me dug two 12 feet deep holes and connected a tunnel between them and was pouring gas in them and lighting it which shot out about a 10 ft flame above the ground. The fastest bike in the park ran 84 mph in the 300 ft strip. Does anyone know anything about the wreck that happened when the three wheeler collided head on with that quad. They would not let me in the gate because they did not want anyone to see it. I think one of the guys may have been drinking cause after that the cops were checking everyone hard. Hell they even checked my water pack.

Old 09-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

It was fun for the little time we were there as well, lots of crazy people, anyone here totals on how many people were there?

Old 09-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Still looking to see how many people were there this weekend.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

there where tons of people!
I saw the 2 people getting loaded on the stretcher from the head on wreck. Don't know the details.
Did see one dude fly off the steep side of a dune Thurs morning. Must have been 3rd gear because he nosedived about 40+ to the bottom and thump! he laid still with his crew tending to him for a long time. Buggy picked him up and transported him to the ambulance. He was back at the camp later that night (from what I heard) and was very hurt and sore, but no broken bones.
Another dude flew too fast off Buttercup and did a similar face plant. He also was carted off, but nothing life threatening.

My favorite was watching the buggies tear up the side of the dunes at night.

My second favorite was going to take a shower at the main shower house by the entrance and finding poop in the shower! Yes, actual fecal matter slowly turning into goo mud as the water hit it. I almost puked as I ran out of that stall. I'm still having nightmares.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah My girlfriend and I were over there helping the kid on the dirtbike that took the plunge on Thursday Morning. He did not want to leave on that stretcher but they forced him too. He was ok just a stinger in his neck i think cause x-rays came back negative for anything else. I was on a red 400ex and my girfriend was driving an old 84 TRX200. Yeah that kid was up drinkin beer soon as he got back he should be able to recover easily he was only 16. We also pulled up on some old man Saturday night that wrecked a three wheeler he was about one hill short of buttercup. He must have really been hauling it tore that thing up. His gas cap was off and all his fuel ran out on the ground. Did you guys see the 2 12ft holes in the ground that those guys were pouring gas in and lighting it. They built big sandcastles around it and it was shooting some 10 and 12 ft flames. They were camped on the campground up there by the store thru the gates. The campground owned by the store owner. Anyway I am already making plans for snake hunt.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

We were camped right by those guys. We were right across from the really nice dune buggy. Did you see when one of them caught himself on fire from head to toe. His buddies just laughed at him while he ran around and tore off his clothes they finally helped when he rolled on the ground. That was the scariest thing I have seen in person. Amazingly he only had minor burns. I also say a raptor pull up right under where we were jumping a dune, lucky for him the guy that jumped went all out and missed his head by an inch or so. That scared me to death, because I had just got done jumping when I saw that. It was a crazy weekend. I saw some interesting things like the superman, rock out girls and the snowmobile that broke down.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Did you guys have the green dune buggy? We were camped right across from them. I was not there when he caught on fire but i heard all about it. I was at the camp that had a white chevy ext cab and a blue and primered camper shell on it. We were the ones that got wasted and our neighbors turned on the 80's hiphop music.

Had a great time but there is always a downside it seem like when you come home. I was about an hour from home when i got a call that a great friend to my girlfriend and I as well as her family had accidentaly shot himself and died. It was my brother in laws best friend. So it has been a long week now.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like I missed all the fun. I was parked on the road of the north camp. We got there around 9:30 Friday night, so it was full already. My R made it till Saturday afternoon before she locked up. So I just sat around and drank some beer. Some guys were throwing a kegger down the road, and went down there for awhile, that was about it on my end. Oh yeah, one of the guys caught himself on fire. Got a few blisters on his face from spitting gas on the fire. Nothing serious though.

It was a good time by all. Wish I would have taken bother of my wheelers though so I wouldnt have been stranded at camp Saturday night, but it was fun anyways.

Now the rebuild process begins, frame up this time. Will be ready to go next spring. Ive been to both Sandfests now, and cant wait to get back up there.

--------------
86 trx250r
97 warrior

Old 09-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

I saw a quad up there at Sandfest that had raptor? plastic with a big motor in it. It was one of the quicker ones on the open drags. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info on it?

-------------------
86 trx250r
97 warrior

Old 09-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

There was one with a rotex motor in it. It went 4.0 at 84mph.

Quick Reply: Just got back from Little Sahara, OK.