Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Modifying for dunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying fo dunes

what are some good cheep dune tires? What else do you need to modify on your quad for the dunes? Thanks.
All responses are very appreciated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modifying fo dunes

Sand Devils are very very good and very very durable and very very cheap... www.rockymountainatv.com

Old 11-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modifying for dunes

all depends on how much money you have....a good set of paddles on the front and back and any mods to your airbox. many guys ride with no air box lid to get more airflow. i have a outerwearsa lid cover on my raptor. and then you might also want to rejet. but it depends on ho wmany trips you will make to the dunes!!!!
when are you going? and where?

Old 11-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

I live in Redmond, Washington. I have a kazuma dingo 150. www.kazuma.com

Old 11-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Just gear down one in front/rear, put on a set of some sand sharks or similar cheap paddle, rejet/airbox mod.....kapow..and you'll have yourself a real drag quad...j/k Actually you would do fine by just airing down your knobbies, rejetting, putting UNI vents on your airbox, and maybe regearing. A silencer would be great as well but that would be if you can get one for that quad.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

jsyi,

what do you mean by Just gear down one in front/rear? My quad is automatic not manual.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

lol. dingo rider,

is your kazuma chain driven or is it a shaft drive ( to keep it simple do you have a chain on the back with two things that look like stars with a bunch of points) ( i sound like an idiot) those "stars" are called sproeckets , or gears, so i think that is how you got confused. if you don't have the things i mentioned i don't believe you can change your gearing for the dunes so can just ingnore that. that is if your kazuma is shaft driven. hope this helps ( if you know more than i think you do sry for sounding like a complete restard) lol

matt

Old 12-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

I also have a Dingo 150. We put a big sprocket on back and it's a tiger until I reach 25mph. (I’m laughing) it doesn’t go any faster. We use it on the farm to ride out to the field and do chores. That is all it’s really good for.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly, I don't think you'll have much fun on that at the dunes. You need something with a little more power.
My wife rides an 01 Honda 250EX with the air box lid off an FMF mega max free flowin slip on muffler carb rejetted and a set of Sand star 20x8x10 paddels on the rear and sand star double ribbed front runners. She's already wanting more power. I'd say a 250CC 4 stroke is the minium for fun and getting around at the dunes for anyone over 125 lbs, but that's just my opinion. Is this your first quad?

Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

I agree. Never enough power though the dingo suits us fine for what we use it for. It might be good for pulling a wagon thru the dunes to carry everybody's lunch. We have a couple of 110 Redcat's for the kids but even at 9 years old, my son wants more power. I bought him a Yamaha PW 80 dirt bike for Christmas because I'm not buying another ATV until he is older. He is a lunatic on motorized machines and scares me on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: Modifying for dunes