Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

St. Anthony's Sand dunes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony's Sand dunes...

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
Dune riding in the summer? Is it cool enough out there during that time to ride?
Oh yeah. We went in MAy,june Jly and Aug. . Aug was a little too hot for my liking. Its was in the high 90's that wk end. But we still had a good time. Seems ,like theres always a breeze . If ya go too early, the weather is just too undetermanable. When we went over Father day wk end, it poured rain the first few hours we got there, we loaded upto go back to the motel, then it was sunny at warm.. then two days larer, 55-60 MPH winds and then rain and cold...... So now I go a little later in the summer ........

Old 12-05-2003, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

We were there the weekend after the 4th and it was in the 90's. Hell we rode over to Jackson during the day and it was 96 their. The next day we rode to West Yellowstone and it was in the mid 90's. We always choose the good weekends. Most of the time it isn't too bad. Ride in the morning, sleep the midday then head out to the drag strip for some evening fun.

When we were on choke there was girl running a pred. That is a damn good ride, especially for a smaller framed girl/woman. I really was impressed with it!

Old 12-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
We were there the weekend after the 4th and it was in the 90's. Hell we rode over to Jackson during the day and it was 96 their. The next day we rode to West Yellowstone and it was in the mid 90's. We always choose the good weekends. Most of the time it isn't too bad. Ride in the morning, sleep the midday then head out to the drag strip for some evening fun.

When we were on choke there was girl running a pred. That is a damn good ride, especially for a smaller framed girl/woman. I really was impressed with it!
I think I know just thegirl you are talking about! She was racing up it with all the boyz when we were there. Im assuming she is a local. she rode that thang!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

When I was looking for a new ride I got it down to the rappy or the pred. I didn't know anyone riding the pred, so I went rappy.. That pred is a damn fine ride. There was a guy on a 3-wheeler, and a bike riding with her, she was good! Good enough that there were a lot of us sitting on top watching instead of running with her up the hill.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
When I was looking for a new ride I got it down to the rappy or the pred. I didn't know anyone riding the pred, so I went rappy.. That pred is a damn fine ride. There was a guy on a 3-wheeler, and a bike riding with her, she was good! Good enough that there were a lot of us sitting on top watching instead of running with her up the hill.
Yeah, she gave my ole man a run for his money on his Predator too!(shhhhh.....hehe) LOL........ I plan on racing it a bit this year, maybe in the next few weeks at the flattrack once I get used to the track a bit more on my ride.... Believe it or not. but my 400ex even mace it up.... It didnt set any speed recodrs. BUT with only a pipe, it still made it up......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

you know there is something about ST.A. The first time you ride out, we stay at sandhills and ride over to the pond where we have stashed a truck with gas. Then from there you head out for the big dunes. I remember that combination of fear and excitment as I was looking up to these dunes. We hit thunder first and I thought hell choke cherry ain't that bad, of course thunder isn't choke cherry or devils dune so by the time we got out there I was in awe! I still like the 2 bowls the best though, deadhorse and the garbage can. 4th and 5th gear your screaming around and the whole time your getting sucked down. Damn 6 months until I get there again!!I can't wait!!!