Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Sorry for not answering sooner. Yes it does include the little dunes.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

We were out there Feb. 5,6,7,& 8 and talked with the BLM dude and he said that they will be stationed at the top of the main road to the open flats at the big dunes. He didn't say anything about them charging at the little dunes. Good Luck!!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

You probably spoke with Pat or Dave, one of the law enforcement rangers. I spoke with Mike, the project manager. Mike has overall responsibility for the fee program. Mike told me that the fee applies to the Dumont Dunes Off Highway Vehicle Area, which includes the little dunes. They will be selling the permits by the big dunes, but they will also patrol the little dunes to enforce the permit requirement. Else, the little dunes would be inundated with people and you couldn't ride anyway. BTW Mike is an OHV'r, if you see him there, and he is there now, ask him how his jeep's running.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Ken,

Sorry I missed you. We went and looked for you but I guess you were out. I did meet your friend with the big bore kit in it and it was awesome. I saw him run the hill several times and he beat my buddies banshee by about 10-12 quads. Sounded great! Can't wait till I get mine done that way. I raced him once and it was a joke. See ya around. We goto armagosa a lot and also dumont so I'm sure I'll see you around.

Mike

Old 02-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: polariscat
Looks like BLM will be charging a $20 fee at Dumont starting president's day weekend. Have cash ready, just in case. The line will probably be long for checks and credit cards.
Were they collecting $$$ to get in? They were supposed to begin that program back in October 03 but got in hot water over the idea and dropped it.

Personally I don't have a problem with it as long as the $$$ goes towards our riding area's and not the welfare dept. Which is where our "Adventure pass" and "Green sticker" $$$ goes which is total bs.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Mike

Yeah, sorry I missed you. I guessed we just missed each other by a couple of minutes Mark said. Isnt that 785 unbelievable?! I wish I had the cash to lay down for that kind of work but it will have to wait for a bit. I am hoping to get the Boondockers kit and maybe that will help to give him a better run. Anyway did you guys have enjoy your weekend as much as we did? I really like going out the Dumont but these holiday weekends are getting so big out there that the dunes are chopped up by the end of the first day! Oh well. Hey hope to hook up with you some time, keep in touch and drop me a line when your heading out to either place and maybe we can get a group together for an afternoon of riding. Over and out! Later.

Ken