Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

ATV Connection Paddle Battle

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Connection Paddle Battle

I've read a lot of threads about paddle tires on here, and I've read the Paddle Battle article that is out there on the net somewhere, but none of the threads really do a good comparison of the tires, and the paddle battle really wasn't very objective...

There are so many people on this forum, we should be able to get an objective rating on all of the different paddle tires. So that they are all graded the same, on the tires you have first hand experience with, give a 1-5 rating (5 being the best, 1 being the worst) .

Here's the catagories:

20" Straight Paddles
20" V-Paddles
22" Straight Paddles
22" V-Paddles

For each catagory, fill in values for the following characteristics.

Brand/Model: <Name>
Weight: <In pounds (if known)>
# paddles: <Number>
Paddle Height: <Inches>
Longevity: <1 - 5>
Turning ability: <1 - 5>
Powerslide Abilty: <1 - 5>
Straight line accelleration: <1 - 5>

Feel free to add any catagories or characteristics that you think should be added!

Old 02-21-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Take a look in the dirt wheels issue of January 2004. It has an artical of which is the best sand tires. I believe it starts on page 152. I have the itp sand stars and I like them a bunch, they turn on a dime. The straight paddles are more better for drag racing and stuff but if u want a all around dune paddle i would go with the v-shaped paddle.

--------------------
"01" Bombardier DS650 w/mods
ALWAYS REMEMBER, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!

Old 02-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run 20X10X10 Haulers and would never go back to a V paddle. If you are a good rider then you can make straight paddles turn like V's and you also get the great straight line grip.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run ultralite haulers 10 paddle 22-11-8's.i had sand sharks and the ultralites made like a 5+ bike difference in drag racing.they work awesome in the dunes .i have no problems turnin.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:43 AM
Trailblazer

hey 97redbanshee,
What does your 4mm stroker consist of? Do you have that new Wiseco Hotrod +4mm stroker crank w/5mm "long rods" with the 795-series piston kit that you can run without a spacer plate? Also, what pipes, carbs, compression, and fuel do you run, etc. etc. ? Last , who did your Port & Polish job and motor work? Those are some nice numbers! Later man.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

I appreciate all your feedback, but I was hoping to get more of a numerical comparison between tires, not just another paddle tire thread...Could you guys actually grade the tires you commented on, using the format I suggested? Thanks!

Old 02-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Range Rover

it has a 4mm welded hot rod crank,795's,2nd overbore,34mm pj's,cool head 22cc domes(custom cut the 795 still sticks out of the bore),v force reeds,no spacer plate,190 psi comp,cpi inframes, runnin vp c12(108 octane).bill at adrenaline powersports in citrus heights ca did the work.ive had a few problems that i have caused and he has still taken care of me.heres his #1-916-729-7433.im 250 lbs and it still beats 90% of the bike i race with it.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

http://www.planetsand.com/memberphotos/141508-4mil.jpg here is my syno sheet bako.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ryangibson
I appreciate all your feedback, but I was hoping to get more of a numerical comparison between tires, not just another paddle tire thread...Could you guys actually grade the tires you commented on, using the format I suggested? Thanks!

Good idea to rate the tires...the problem is everytime their is a paddle tire thread it turns into a my paddle (straight, angled, #of paddles, size, #of buffs...) is the best and if you don't run them you are !@#$. I don't think there are that many people out their that have objectivly ridden all of the paddles on the same quad. A lot also depends on what kind of ridding you are doing. A hillshooter, dragracer, cruiser and mom all have a tire that works best for them.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Range Rover

ive ridden geckos,sand sharks,and haulers.i dont think i paid all that much attention to them.i didnt realy notice a lack of turnin with the straight verses the angled.i think the geckos are a lil better straight line t han the sand sharks but fall way behind the haulers.

Brand/Model: hauler , sand shark , gecko
Weight:
# paddles: 10
Paddle Height:
Longevity: 2 , 4 , 4
Turning ability: 3 , 4 , 4
Powerslide Abilty:3 , 4 , 4
Straight line accell:5 , 2 , 3

Quick Reply: ATV Connection Paddle Battle