Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Horse falls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse falls!

I am going for my first dune ride at horse falls this weekend. Ill be on my 350 white and red. If anyone wants to stop and say howdy.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

learn the dunes before you get to fast but have a lot of fun

Old 08-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Horse falls!

Thanks a ton, I can hardly wait!

Old 08-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

Definitly take it easy out there or you will find your self saying oh craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap if you fly off a razor. Those dunes at coos bay can change rather quickly especialy after the rougher weather we have been having. Are you going with anyone who knows the area, cause it is easy to get turned around down there. also don't take the 350 down anything that you don't know for sure if you can make it out or not, the tree shots and swamp shots can make for a long no very long day if you can't get back up. Wish I could go down there on your first trip(of course i look for any excuse to go to the dunes) Have fun.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also if you go up any steep hills don't let off on the gas to keep the rpm's high or you're screwed. Don't go over a razorback and break your neck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL Also don't run over a rattle snake and kick it up on the person behind you like I did. Luckly I made it fly so hard it hit his helmet and killed it. We even went back and saw it lying on the ground and I saw the rattles on it's tail. It was only about 2 feet long and wouldn't it be scary to see a rattle snake come flying at you and bounce off your helmet? Why would there be a rattle snake out on a trail in the dunes at Winchester Bay? Oh yeah and it was about 3-4 weeks ago.
Later,sickrider

Old 08-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

You're in for a great time. Just heed all the warnings. The main drags run north and south, naturally. There is a lot of ground to cover, if you want. You can start out all the way down at Horsfall Beach and go all the way up to Spinreel. In between those two boundaries are multiple sand roads to go either west out to the beach or east to get in to the bigger dunes. The sand roads have a lot of whoops, generally. Just keep your front end light and power over them fast, or they'll beat you up.

Have a great time and be safe.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Range Rover
Default Horse falls!

I agree with everyone, Safety is first!

Watchout for other riders. My friends and I spot for each other on the top of the dune.

Most important is "know your limits"!

Sandfox24

Old 08-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Horse falls!

be real carefull at night, even if you think you are getting to know the area, cause you can get lost or hurt twice as easy.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Horse falls!

Great riding at Horsfal. Watch out for razor backs in the morning after a night wind. If you want to ride the full dune, ride straight up to Spinreel, don't play along the way, then you can play around on the way back. If you play too much on the way up to Spinreel you stand a good chance of running out of gas on the way back. These dunes are long from north to south. Go out to the top of Boxcar and watch the drags as it's getting dark. Then join in on the fun. Have a great time. You won't want to leave!

Old 08-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Horse falls!

Anyone got a map of this place "spinreel" That sounds like fun box car and everything!

Quick Reply: Horse falls!