Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

most hp out of a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most hp out of a banshee

If your looking for a filter kit, I have a Pro Flow adapter w/K&N and outer wear for $75. If you want a look in my profile and I'll have it in there for you. If your interested in buying it email me at tim_37@hotmail.com

Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

careful with what you say yzf, there is a lot of stuff being built that you couldnt even imagine being possible.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am very careful about what I say....... If you read my post I said "naturally aspirated" Our head performance tech built a 200 HP banshee...... complete with a nice handy little Turbo charger. I know in this day and age that there are unlimited possibilities, but my original point was that most people grossly exagerate HP numbers "My sano trick bitchin banshee was ported by Joe Blow and he turbo'd the crank, bored the carbs, 4mm stroker..etc...is putting out 150 HP" is usually bs. real true numbers are hard to come by is all I was warning. We had a customer come into the shop recently with a beautiful banshee. Mildly built, it was supposedly ported, had a twister crank, Keihin PJ carbs, cool head, custom domes, ignition advance plate, T5's etc.... a healthy chunk of change put into it. Bottom line on the dyno..... 40HP..... The person that built this bike for him I'm sure promised much more than it turned out to be. Be careful what you pay for. The nice thing about having a good Dyno, and a very experienced tech is arriving at good combinations to achieve some true - usable HP numbers. Were playing with Cheetah Cub cylinders now and should be getting some good results. We're not breaking new ground here, but like I said earlier, we're not promising our customers BS dyno numbers.

So back to what I said originally, before you jump at anyones performance promises, and trust their Dyno numbers, do some reasearch, call around, and talk to as many different sources as you can. Get a feel for the shop you're considering. Sure big HP in a banshee is possible, ( people have been doing it for years) but be careful buying into things before you give it a considerable amount of research.

JB

Old 04-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I made the Crankenstein video. I walked up to Randy Muchmore an hr before the big run and asked him how much hp does it have.. His exact words............... well at 175 hp the rear tires start to haze. We can't strap it down any tighter so that's all the traction we can get.. It's a 670 Rotax bored and stroked to a 750.. Kind of off the subject, but that's my story and I'm stickin to it..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The good builders advertise, the great one's don't need to........

Old 04-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if that banshee only made 40hp both him and your techs need to do a little tuning. Not too sure why he would have a twister crank coupled with a mild port and with t-5s and pj carbs. It doesnt make any sense why he would dump a ton of cash into a crank only to build mildly around it.

Ive also never heard of a 200hp turbo banshee, other then dans monoblock turbo that killed itself. Highest other then that was 186 or so and his dyno reads high.

Sandgod, my cranker blows the tires at 130 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Last edited by Lowbowtie1; 02-27-2022 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Removing for safety
Old 04-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. There is also a turbo honda putting down 150hp at 16lbs of boost. But since you cant see that im sure you dont believe it either...

Old 04-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll post some pictures of the turbo charged banshee. I'm not saying it's the hot ticket, but our performance tech certainly built one, and this is a man that doesn't exagerate HP numbers. As for that 40 HP banshee.... We didn't build it. In fact, the customer brought it to us to dyno tune the carbs, and upon the first sweep, it was only putting out around 36 HP. Not really impressive. We tuned the jetting, experimented with ignition timing, and ended up at around 40 HP at the rear wheels. Still nothing to write home about. My whole point about that Banshee is that there are tuners ( or so called tuners ) around the country that are making some pretty big claims, and even using good components ( twister crank, etc..) but if the porting, head work, piston choice, jetting, and work in general isn't a very well thought out coordinated build, your motor is only going to be as fast or strong as it's weakest link. In this bikes case we believe the porting just wasn't what it should have been in combonation with everything else done to the bike. Little details really matter, as do working with a builder that is realistic. We regularly have customers that think a stock banshee motor puts out 50 HP because some sales person, buddy of theirs, ets said so etc. We get people EVERY day that just can't believe a stock banshee puts less than 30 HP to the rear wheels, or that a Raptor 660 in stock trim tips the dyno at around 27 HP. That in mind, when we build a 70 or 80 HP banshee without getting extreme, and still being reliable, it's a substantial gain. 100 HP plus is definitly possible, but not without forking over some serious cash, or adding a magic button ( Nitrous). I'm not the one building these bikes, but I help facilitate it. The credit goes to our performance techs. 200 HP Banshee? Sure, if you add a Cylinder, Turbo, Nitrous or have some new trick up your sleeve we haven't heard about ( 535 Cheetah cylinders is a good start, but I still don't see that breaking the 200 HP barrier without something like Nitrous, Alcohol, etc. and how reliable could that be.)

Old 10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

i think dasa has a billet case for a 20mil stroker crank and they set up rex cyls for it in 75 mil bore if anything with 2 cylinders and still almost looks like a shee motor could pull 200 horse id say thats it(and inb response to the turbo yes there are turbo shees and yes u waste a lot of gas but yes it goes realy fast.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there are a lot of billet cased banshee motors out there right now.

Quick Reply: most hp out of a banshee