Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

most hp out of a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most hp out of a banshee

well..check this beast out guys,

Click

Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

i was just about to post that trinity banshee. That thing is INSANE!

Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

ahh the mythical trinity claimed dyno numbers. Trinity's dynos are so off i'm surprised they dont try to run the dyno pulls on the front wheels....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Trinity is a myth, their dyno numbers always seem to come off WAY different on other dynos, not saying they dont build fast bikes and make bike numbers cuz they do, just saying put that 248 hp 'shee on any other dyno you wont see that number. On the turbo subject now, you can turbo any motor on the earth basically. KMS has a snomobile puffing around 345hp with the Garret and the NOS. He has a raptor up to 150hp with the tubo, and 180hp while pressing the "go baby go" button" As far as dyno's go dont judge them, they are a TOOL(not a toy) for reading air/fuel and getting some baseline runs. Certain bikes makes some goofy A$$ numbers on the dyno and still scream. Rapfam730 on the same dyno makes almost teh same horsepower as my little stocker, but me in a race with him, ill eat sand the whole way up. Why? A dyno isnt goign to say which bike is faster, and who is going to win. the 40hp 'shee that was supposibly "built" i bet it didnt ride like a 37-40hp banshee. (figured i would give this post a little fire...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Old 10-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

there are many differnet dyno,s and many different brands dyno jet = true horsepower +10-12%. superflow are much better closer to the truth but unless you spent 1.5 million on your dyno cell im sorry to tell you you dont have a clue what kind of power you r realy putting down however you can tell if what you did makes it better or worse. and as a side note an y backyard idiot can make big peak numbers its the overall power that matters just caude you peak at 55 ponies dont mean your going to beat a 45 hp bike if it holds its power over twice the rpm range and is easier to controll(and waht trinity builds for us is alot different than what it builds for itself)

Old 10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Lowbowtie1
Ok, Ill prolly get flamed, but O well.

All you guys are talking about turboin' a Banshee, well Ive never seen one and Im not sure it can even be done, seeing that its a 2-stroke. Because, at one point, during the 2-stroke cycle when the piston is at BDC and the intake port and the exhaust port are exposed creating 0psi. If anything, a turbo would just waste more fuel by blowing it straight through the cylinder never even burning it.

Ok go ahead and shoot me down. Let me hear something good.
Got a good buddy that owns a company about 1/4 mile down the road that has owned a turbo Banshee for a few years. He doesnt bring it out very often (probably because something is always going haywire with it) but when it runs it runs very hard. It is fuel injected with the injectors being mounted where the boost bottle would go. It's insane to see the guy at Little Sahara ride a power wheelie with a +14 swinger for 300-400 feet.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Like i Said a dyno is a tool and not meant for bragging. Peak is different than overall. If that 248hp shee holds its big power number for 2k rpms its will kill. but if its peak and comes on so fast and drops off jsut as quickly what good is it doing you....none

Old 10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

a superflow is about 12% on older dynojets, but only 6% on new dyno jets

really though its pointless to compare superflow numbers because you can put in ANY correction factor that you want.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Does Ohton put out a good motor to compete these days???

Old 10-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

He's had one of my buddies motors for 2 1/2 years now, still waiting for the results

Quick Reply: most hp out of a banshee