Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Superstition Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superstition Mountain

Originally posted by: HA2
i just love the feeling of paddles so much better. plus riding a peaky 250r trike with knobbies is just about useless. i never have traction. it blows the tires off in all gears no matter what surface unless its pavement are really hard pack.

ive been beat by a stock z400 with a rookie rider for about 200 yards before finally passing him. fun to me doesnt entitled a new top end. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
... did I not mention.... I ride with paddles now, and won't leave home without it when heading to Glamis!!

SO I hear ya.
It's just that Superstition is so small for paddles.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh i agree, i was just pointing out my reasoning why i dont ride super with paddles like i should. ive seen some full drag R's there that straight had me laughing. but the dam isnt much different than test in size. it sure as hell beats that sad excuse of a hill, comp.

the best thing about super is the camping. you get a good size group out there playing horseshoes, bbqing, we launch rockets, then usually around evening time end up on the kids quads seeing who can do the long slow speed wheelie and maybe wonder off to a neighbors camp for a brew. LOL good times!

Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: HA2
oh i agree, i was just pointing out my reasoning why i dont ride super with paddles like i should. ive seen some full drag R's there that straight had me laughing. but the dam isnt much different than test in size. it sure as hell beats that sad excuse of a hill, comp.

the best thing about super is the camping. you get a good size group out there playing horseshoes, bbqing, we launch rockets, then usually around evening time end up on the kids quads seeing who can do the long slow speed wheelie and maybe wonder off to a neighbors camp for a brew. LOL good times!

YUP!!

And you don't have to go out a month early to get a good spot?!
(I go out and spend a week in Glamis every time I go due to gas consumtion/prices to get there. And I show up on a Sunday to make sure most are leaving... so I don't have to hunt too much for a spot. My longest camp was 14 consecutive days in one spot, the legal limit according to BLM rules). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]