Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Winchester Bay

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winchester Bay

Heading to winchester bay and am curious how it compares to horsefall spinreel area. That is all ive been to so far. Thank you.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Winchester Bay

in my opinion winchester has much taller dunes then spinreel or horsfall beach, theres alot of slipfaces and huge hillclimbs. just more rolling dunes,"big hills". Winchester is smaller in acres than the coosbay area tho. both awesome places.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winchester Bay

hey, i live there so i get to ride all of them all the time! Winchester has the biggest as in tallest dunes with the longest hill climbs.... spinreel (my favorite) has the most jumps, tree shots, trails, etc..... and horsefall, houser, boxcar (all on the same dune acreage) are good for dragging!!! lots of people racing at boxcar and houser... horsefall is sort of for families and beginners.... anyways, have an awesome time and e-mail me if you'd like and maybe we could hook up... I'll probably go to houser or spinreel this weekend...

Old 02-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winchester Bay

the best thing about winchester bay is banshee hill the one huge hill out of the start. but i like florence better.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

Banshee Hill is overrated and is wayyyy overused. 6+ years ago is when it lived up to its name...It was actually quite a challange to get up, now stock blasters, warriors, 400ex's, and even rails can make it easy. I've been thinkin bout tryin to find another way up to give people a challanging hill again, that would be awesome but I always end up wanting to ride and keep sayin I'll do it next time...maybe someday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Banshee Hill is overrated and is wayyyy overused. 6+ years ago is when it lived up to its name...It was actually quite a challange to get up, now stock blasters, warriors, 400ex's, and even rails can make it easy. I've been thinkin bout tryin to find another way up to give people a challanging hill again, that would be awesome but I always end up wanting to ride and keep sayin I'll do it next time...maybe someday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Nevertheless...it is fun for people who've never done it before

bready04 is right about winchester

Old 02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

When ru going to winchester? I'mm goin the 26th of feb.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

Yea, I remember when it was really narrow and you actually had to almost stop to make the dog leg. There is a new pretty vertical leg off to the left now though, haven't tried it on the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
Yea, I remember when it was really narrow and you actually had to almost stop to make the dog leg. There is a new pretty vertical leg off to the left now though, haven't tried it on the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Ya...it was great! And on the dog leg there was a 6" root sticking out of the sand and another 5 feet up the hill a huge tree had fallen and you had to duck under it while keeping your momentum to make the still top part of the hill....freakin great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

there is a new trail to the left of banshee hill that is pretty freaking hard to climb.

Quick Reply: Winchester Bay