Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Warrior in the dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior in the dunes?

a warrior is really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand around here but there is not much of it.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:47 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I used to go to pismo beach with a couple of guys who had warriors with paddles. There was no where they couldnt go there, but so could my son on his padle tired YZ80. I dont know how it would do at Glamis or some where with real steep long dunes.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350
a warrior is really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand around here but there is not much of it.
Now why would you think that your rappy 350 is any better in the sand than a warrior??? And how do you get this opinion of warriors in the sand?

Old 02-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
a warrior/raptor 350 are really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand around here but there is not much of it.
Now why would you think that your rappy 350 is any better in the sand than a warrior??? And how do you get this opinion of warriors in the sand?
I didnt mean to compare the two i but if u wanna make it sound like that its because of my pipe, lighter, and i have beffier tires than a stock warrior. My friend had a stock warrior with spider tracs and i did better in the sand. What does it mater to u anyway.

Old 02-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do compare the two. They are the same engine and tranny. The only difference is the new frame design and plastic. Most of the people I have talked to that have ridden the new 350 Raptor said they didn't like them as well as the old warriors. They rode too rough and the balance wasn't as good. The reason you might have done better then your friend is because of the tires you were running vs him.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, why would you edit your post then act like I'm out of line??

Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350a warrior/raptor 350 are really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand around here but there is not much of it.
I didnt mean to compare the two i but if u wanna make it sound like that its because of my pipe, lighter, and i have beffier tires than a stock warrior. My friend had a stock warrior with spider tracs and i did better in the sand. What does it mater to u anyway.
Like ^^^^^

Old 02-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Call every Honda dealer you can find and see if you can get your hands on a 2004 Honda 400ex. I just picked one up for girlfriend for $4200 new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In o5 they restyled them and added reverse.... which killed the value of the 04.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350a warrior/raptor 350 are really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand around here but there is not much of it.
Like ^^^^^
wtf are u tryin to say anyway man what are u makin a big thing out of this for i just said my raptor is better than my buddies warrior cause mines modded. I didnt say that a warrior sucks in the sand i just saids mines better than my buddies warrior in the sand because of the stuff done to mine. I only edited it cause the warrior and rappy are almost the same bike.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

a warrior is really made for trails. They dont do that great in the sand. My rappy 350 is ok in the sand
Why are you so excited? I was just wondering how you got this opinion.

Quick Reply: Warrior in the dunes?