Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Winchester Bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winchester Bay

Have any of you guys ever been tested?

Old 04-03-2005, 01:00 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

I was tested at Florence last year during the week before the 4th of July.

Here is the funny part. The Ranger that tested me didn't have a listing for a 700 in his little chart that told him at what RPM to test it at, so he took a guess. On top of that, he didn't even realize that I was running Dual Exhaust until he was done testing me (Not sure how much different the results would have been.). The end result was that I was over, but within the acceptable range. I can tell you that if the test had been done correct, I shouldn't have passed. In the end, he let both myself and my buddy (Who was over the limit by quite a bit.), go with the advice of doing what it takes to get the levels down to the required limit. Nice guy, didn't try to bust our chops.

Here is a little trick. If you see a Ranger and you know you are over the limit and that he will most likely end up stopping you and checking you, go right over to him and ask him to do a courtesy check for you. If you request a sound check and you end up being over the limit, they can not ticket you. The down side to this is that if they see you again, and you have done nothing to remedy the situation, they can ticket you at that time.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
Have any of you guys ever been tested?
I was tested with the Cascade muffler on the 250R and came in at 96 db on the nose.
However, its got the same packing in it since the day it was new about 5 yrs ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Haven't had the DR D tested yet, but it doesn't seem loud a t all, and I still have not installed the quiet core yet, though I always have it in the tool box just in case! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Winchester Bay

We are going over Labor Day. We will be there for about a week. I spoke with FMF tech support and they said a quiet core will drop it a couple db's. So just before we leave for vacation I will repack them and add the quiet cores. This will rob some horses, but a reasonable ranger should appreciate it if I explain that it is stock with a fresh repack and the addition of a quiet core. I don't have to worry about my wife being to wild. I just have to keep myself in line.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Range Rover
Default Winchester Bay

What do the rangers ride around here anyway? Back in Utah, we always knew to just avoid those 2 guys on plain blue stock Raptors in brown jackets!!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Winchester Bay

4x4 trucks and jeeps

Old 04-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Winchester Bay

I have seen them on quads alot as well. They ride raptors too. some have light bars and some dont. Most just ride a raptor that looks just like the next guys.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:54 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

The guy that stopped us, and he had a Honda 400EX in the back of his USFS truck. He told us that they have all kinds of different ATV's including Yamaha's, Honda's and Suzuki's.

One thing that he did tell us was that the USFS isn't the only law enforcement department that can ticket you for noise violations. He also told us that depending on who it is that tickets you weather it is USFS, State, or County (Sheriff), the amount of the ticket can vary considerably. Go figure.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winchester Bay

i've never been checked. like someone said, don't go looking for trouble. ride smart and stay away from the staging areas and you'll be fine.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Winchester Bay

winchester wont check you.. Sandlake wont either. Watch out at florence.. they will ride your *** just to ticket you for noise =X..

Quick Reply: Winchester Bay