Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Anyone tried these sand tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried these sand tires?

Achieva Sand Gear? It's kinda like a sand geckon but looks a little more aggressive. The other one is the Kenda Dune Runner straight paddle tire? Do you think that the blade heighth and hookup is similar to a hauler?

Achieva Sand Gear

Kenda Dune Runner

Old 08-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Achieva...no
Kenda...yes
We had Kenda Dune Runners on our old Banshee. They hooked up well and wore well too. We rode them for 4 or 5 years and by the time we sold it, It was showing wear but it still worked well. I think they weren't too heavy with the rim, didn't change the tires but once or twice. But those Achievas look pretty tight

Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

is the blade heighth on the dune runners similar to haulers? Are they like a scoop blade, or just straight?

Old 08-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

those probability weigh as much as Fred Flintstone" tires

Old 08-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

the dune runners or the achievas?

Old 08-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Since these are both molded rubber, the performance will still not match the hauler, although durability is far better.
I've tried a BUNCH of different tires, I keep going back to the haulers.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

anyone ever try the king's turbo paddle?

Old 08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: bayouboy03
anyone ever try the king's turbo paddle?
Yep, got a set on my cousin's shee. Very impressive for a molded tire and a good alternative to the more expensive, less durable hauler provided you can take the performance hit.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Acheiva Sand Gear tire is the lightest molded sand tire on the market it is about 1 pound less than a sand star, the sand skate 2 is the only one that comes close, but it is 2x more money. This tire is also designed to climb and slide. All out drag racers will stick to a straight paddle because this one is designed to work for recreational dune riders. The center paddle is about 10mm taller than the sides but doesn't go edge to edge letting the shorter, angled paddles dig when side hilling, or turning. A straight paddle will always want to push forward when accelerating even when turning, causing the quad to want to go straight, not slide, where a V will slide better. The Gecko is supposed to do the same thing, but the paddles seem to be too short for most applications over 400cc's, and riders complain that they don't hook up. Haulers come from molded tires shaved down and then the paddle is vulcanized (glued) on, they can be custom made in any form, taller paddles, more or less paddles, 20" tall 21" tall 22" etc. making them the choice for hill shooters or sand drag racers, they are also usually the lightest, and most expensive. Because the paddles are glued on they can come off in time, or if you hit a hard spot. Hope this helped.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

how big a difference are there between the king's turbo and the hauler? I just ordered a pair of 20x10x8 kings and I am wondering if I should have dropped the xtra $$ for the haulers

Quick Reply: Anyone tried these sand tires?