ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   KERMIT CHATTER (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/228649-kermit-chatter.html)

TXduneripper 04-17-2006 01:54 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

The confrontation you are referring to with Tasha is incorrect! MY CHILD WAS THE 10 YEAR OLD! There was no doubt in any of the riders that they were trespassing as soon as the riders saw the parking area...but with ZERO markers on the backside of the dunes (where people who have alternate places to park would be coming from) there is NO way of knowing you have crossed into their property...until it is too late! Once these riders saw the parking area they decided the quickest way to exit KSI property would be to head towards 874. Once there, Tasha was waiting, camera in hand and proceeded to shout obscenities and tell them they were trespassing. 3 riders rode closer to her truck, a 34 yr old man, a 16 yr old and a 10 yr old. The ONLY blocking done was by another KSI associate on a blue YFZ 450 who parked right in front of my husband and asked him, "Do you have a problem?" My husband, "No, do you?" He said, "You are trespassing". The reply back was, "No I'm not, we are on the state easement get out of my way." He then rode around to the drivers side of the pickup and said something to her that no one heard and rode off. She was asked to show them a map. At that time, STILL 3 people (1 adult and 2 minors) next to her vehicle she grabbed a black pouch and held it up. She then put the pouch in the seat and removed the gun and held it by the grip and the barrel in plain site to show them she had a gun. That is when she should have felt threatened! My husband asked her who the F she thought she was pulling out a gun in front of kids. She put the gun down and that is when a buggy rode up (who was another rider in the group) and got out to ask her again to show us a map. He had not heard the conversation up to this point. This rider approached her vehicle- his only statement to her was show us a map and she said, "I don't have to show you a F*ing map!" She got out of the vehicle and started to come around to the passenger side of the vehicle and stopped at the back of the truck and turned back around and got back in her truck to leave. The other young rider started down the easement to get back to the remainder of the group and she took off and followed him at a high rate of speed. The rider finally was able cut back into the dunes and return to the group.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for this. No way she felt threatened- why would she get out of the vehicle? If you feel threatened a normal person would drive off- NOTHING was stopping her from doing this. She was in a full size truck vs (3) 4 wheelers in the sand. She yelled and cursed from the time she pulled up to the time she left- SHE WAS THE THREATENING ONE! I guess the owners of KSI think that enforcing trespassing onto their property is something SO important that bodily harm by a gun is acceptable AND justifiable. In order to prevent confusion and trespassing you should have your land marked on all 4 sides- either by fence or signs visible from each other.

Regarding today's incident-The how's and why's are one thing- but when you involve a gun into the scenario- the one holding the gun and choosing to pull that trigger better be ready to lie in the bed he has made. He obviously was ready to have the possible death of someone on his conscience for the rest of this life. OVER SAND! He did not even give them the opportunity to identify themselves! Boundaries and him not carrying a gun out into the dunes would have prevented this incident from escalating.

There is a difference between truth and slander. Danny has been charging to ride on HIS land...period...without permission from any land owner. To charge for an area should be just that- RIDE ONLY ON HIS LAND. You guys got the front part of that fence up PDQ once the public was made aware the "Free ride" was over. Why shouldn't he fence off the remainder?? WHY?? Because its more enticing to charge people to ride past the fence with no boundaries vs pay to ride in a 1 mile x 2 mile area- IF he had markers people riding in from the "other side of the hills" would know - WITHOUT A DOUBT! People can no longer ride on the non KSI land now because the parking area was destroyed...have we said thanks yet?

DuneDragin 04-17-2006 02:03 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: gofastshee

Originally posted by: DuneDragin
If your group had RESPECTED the gift of OPEN RANGE "FREE" riding Winkler Co and the landholders had provided for over 75 years...NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
So what your saying is your just upset because of change in your normal life style?

anybody could have bought the hills and done alot worse, at least dannys intetions are keeping it open! and thats why I support him.
I'm saying there were no sides till JDZ drew a line in the sand.

gofastshee 04-17-2006 02:08 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

txduneripper everone in that group with maybe the exception of the 10 year old knew damn good and well they were on KSI property they've been riding there for years. Quit trying to make it sound like this place is new to you.

And i guess since you posted your side of the story its the gospel for all to believe. I wasn't there so yes I'm listining to two different sides and neither match. but what I do know is you all are the only ones I can honestly say I know is not telling the whole truth.

How can veteran riders from kermit not know where KSI property starts? you sure know where it ends

DuneDragin 04-17-2006 02:14 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

I can say, on the big rolling dunes...one looks much like the other...until you hit a landmark.
It is extremely easy to get turned around out there.

gofastshee 04-17-2006 02:14 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

If your group had RESPECTED the gift of OPEN RANGE "FREE" riding Winkler Co and the landholders had provided for over 75 years...NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
So what your saying is your just upset because of change in your normal life style?

anybody could have bought the hills and done alot worse, at least dannys intetions are keeping it open! and thats why I support him.
I'm saying there were no sides till JDZ drew a line in the sand.
And what i'm saying is there are changes in life that not all agree with but except.

had people just complied with the waivers, new rules and admitance fee ( the famous 7 dollars ) none of this would have happened and we all would have known we would have had a place to ride no matter what the other land holders decided to do in the future.

TXduneripper 04-17-2006 02:15 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

txduneripper everone in that group with maybe the exception of the 10 year old knew damn good and well they were on KSI property they've been riding there for years. Quit trying to make it sound like this place is new to you.

And i guess since you posted your side of the story its the gospel for all to believe. I wasn't there so yes I'm listining to two different sides and neither match. but what I do know is you all are the only ones I can honestly say I know is not telling the whole truth.

How can veteran riders from kermit not know where KSI property starts? you sure know were it ends
Yes, you're right-- we're the ones who have been untruthful the whole time! One lie right after the other. You should know the dunes change- things look different- if you want to prevent trespassing you have to mark your property on all four sides, plain and simple.

You know where it starts from the fence - you don't know where it ends (or begins if you're coming in from the back) because there is no way of knowing! Sand is sand is sand~

DuneDragin 04-17-2006 02:16 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Not to mention....the dunes shift with every breeze.
The wind blew at 30 mph on friday.
I think I saw one of the dunes blow thru Goldsmith.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TXduneripper 04-17-2006 02:18 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: gofastshee all would have known we would have had a place to ride no matter what the other land holders decided to do in the future.
So you're saying he has or HAD the authority to make decisions for the other landholders?

gofastshee 04-17-2006 02:20 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Yes, you're right-- we're the ones who have been untruthful the whole time! One lie right after the other. )
IT's OK I forgive you
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

gofastshee 04-17-2006 02:23 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: TXduneripper

Originally posted by: gofastshee all would have known we would have had a place to ride no matter what the other land holders decided to do in the future.
So you're saying he has or HAD the authority to make decisions for the other landholders?
No I'm saying if UT and the other landholders fenced off there section so no one could ride there we would still have the 1200 acres Danny owns.