Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

ktm 525xc questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ktm 525xc questions

how fast do these bikes go at top speed? are they trail capable like my predator...are they much faster than my predator?are they really that reliable since this is ktms first atv?

-Jonathan

Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

My buddy has a KTM 525 XC and his son has the Polaris Outlaw 525.

I don't know about the top speed, but I know his sone never beat him at the drags. (they both weekend drag race every weekend)

The view out my tent when we went to Little Sahara in OK.

Name:  100_6501.jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  97.6 KB

Here they are racing:

Name:  100_6583.jpg
Views: 3266
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  100_6579.jpg
Views: 2804
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  100_6582.jpg
Views: 2482
Size:  51.1 KB

The KTM was one of the fastest quads out there the two days that I was there.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

The KTM is the best quad you can get at this point. If you have the money, i would get this anyday. The suspension is amazing, the power is ridiculous, and the ergos are fantastic. The KTM has a top speed of about 75.3 mph. The Predator, stock, can't touch this. So in my opinion, the KTM is much better.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kdewitt24

The KTM is the best quad you can get at this point. If you have the money, i would get this anyday. The suspension is amazing, the power is ridiculous, and the ergos are fantastic. The KTM has a top speed of about 75.3 mph. The Predator, stock, can't touch this. So in my opinion, the KTM is much better.</end quote></div>

ive dynoed my predator and it has 50 hp and a top speed of 76 so dont tell me that @#*&

Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: vrodpredator

The KTM is the best quad you can get at this point. If you have the money, i would get this anyday. The suspension is amazing, the power is ridiculous, and the ergos are fantastic. The KTM has a top speed of about 75.3 mph. The Predator, stock, can't touch this. So in my opinion, the KTM is much better.</end quote></div>

ive dynoed my predator and it has 50 hp and a top speed of 76 so dont tell me that @#*&</end quote></div>

reread his post. Your Pred 500 is not turning 50HP at the wheels if it is still stock. I have walked all over Pred 500's with my little 439cc less than 40HP Yamaha. I have also ridden the KTM 525 and it is a beast from the factory. It is spendy but there are few things you need to do to run or race it. They are doing quite well in the xc races, both GNCC and the local series I run. If your Pred is stock, or even with an exhaust, go find yourself a stock 525 Katoom and see how fast you get your butt handed to you, lol.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[

ive dynoed my predator and it has 50 hp and a top speed of 76 so dont tell me that @#*&</end quote></div>

Lets see those dyno results - no way your preditor has 50 horse at the wheels

Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scooter86

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: vrodpredator

reread his post. Your Pred 500 is not turning 50HP at the wheels if it is still stock. I have walked all over Pred 500's with my little 439cc less than 40HP Yamaha. I have also ridden the KTM 525 and it is a beast from the factory. It is spendy but there are few things you need to do to run or race it. They are doing quite well in the xc races, both GNCC and the local series I run. If your Pred is stock, or even with an exhaust, go find yourself a stock 525 Katoom and see how fast you get your butt handed to you, lol.</end quote></div>

u are an idiot ive beatin everything that i have raced including modified banshees!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> u are an idiot ive beatin everything that i have raced including modified banshees!</end quote></div>

Ha ha, LMAO!!! NO Way in Hell a Pred is ever beating a modded Banshee bro, or a KTM or Outlaw 525. You need to stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. And yes, let's see those dyno results and some proof before you go spouting off about your shiz on the internet.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your beating everything out there, why don't we race for pink slips. I will ride my big old heavy DS650 and take your quad home with me !!!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MRDS650

If your beating everything out there, why don't we race for pink slips. I will ride my big old heavy DS650 and take your quad home with me !!!</end quote></div>

I'd put money on this race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ktm 525xc questions