Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Little Sahara Utah Easter???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a test
[red]this is a test[/red]
[b][red]this is a test[/red][b]
;D

Old 03-04-2001, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

this is a test
[green]this is a test[/green]

Old 03-05-2001, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

WyoRider,
Good work on your site. The pictures bring back nothing but good memories.
Will be going to Rock Springs and St.Anthony with brother and friends in June. Probably solo trips their in September and October.
A good collection of quads we will have. One Banshee, two Blasters, a Raptor and a Bomber DR650.

Old 03-08-2001, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

I've been at little sahara every easter for the past few years, and we stay at white sands the farthest one out. plenty of small dunes for the kids, and not crowded at all. and we just ride over to the face and haul them on the trailor for an afternoon ride. From my experience thats the best way to do it unless you like to party big time at the Mountain. And i personally dont think its as bad as everyone says, sure its crowded, but theres tons of dunes on the backside that hardly have anyone on. I'm just tired of hearing how it is so terrible when it really isn't.

Old 03-10-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Steven! Roostking and I actually ended up going to Pawnee Grasslands last Sunday. There were quite a few people there and the weather was great. I've been in New Jersey all week (YUCK!) but will put the pictures up from Pawnee sometime this week after getting them developed. Sure would love a digital camera!!!

Old 03-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Kdawg62, how far is it from White Sands to Sand Mountain? You mentioned that you trailer to there. The PlanetSand website has a map of sorts at http://www.planetsand.com/map1.htm Can you tell me where White Sands is on that map. It looks as though from around the visitor center area to Sand Mountain is about 12 miles or so... That's a long ride in the sand. I have decidede that I am going during Easter just don't know where to camp exactly. Oasis was mentioned as being close enough but not so crazy.

Old 03-10-2001, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

White sands has more dunes right close around it, but Oasis i think is a little bigger. I like white sands because we get a spot right on the sand. Oh its about 2 miles or less from teh visitors center. on the map at planet sand it is the dunes the farthest out. It's the spot with the #1 on it on the map. And yes we do ride the 12 miles over the dunes once or twice over the weekend. its a fun ride. and you can just load up a trailor and drive over for an afternoon. Usually the only spots to unload are pretty close to the mountain, but it works out because you can sit and watch the hill shooters from your vehicle.