Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Looking to hook-up w/ some Glamis and Dumont riders.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be at Glamis on Sat March 16th from my sand box at LS, Utah.. Looking for some people to show me around or just ride with. I like to jump and ralley on sand tracks. Looking for a good spot to camp. I like to sleep so noise is a concern, but I want to be somewhat near the good spots to ride. I will have a #74 plate on the rear of my Raptor so I can be spotted. My wife rides a red 400ex. Look foward to riding w/ some fellow duners......

Old 03-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you want to sleep Id suggest camping out on Gecko Rd, there are some good jumps around there too. If you camp at the flats there are people riding all night, it usually stops for like 1-2 hrs in the morning,then when sombody starts their bike or rail seems like everybody else does. Hope you have a good trip, Glamis is awesome, where gonna be going easter weekend.

99 Banshee

Old 03-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sand God,, I plan on being at Glamis this Friday-Sunday(maybe earlier). I will be looking for you and your Raptor. I will be one a red and black 99 banshee with shaved fenders, front and rear, and a six pack rack. It also has a orange Colorado OHV permit on the Radiator cover. Like was said, gecko is probably your best bet for camping.

RoostKing...

Old 03-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thinking about going this weekend. We where planning on Ocoteow (Spelling?) Wells. But with Glamis just 20 more minutes who knows.

Gecko Road is good but kinda far from Comp Hill and Olds Hill. As you come into Glamis and pass Gecko Road before you get to the store there are spots on the right with trees/bushes that should give you some shade. It's in between Comp and Old. Don't park by the store the rowdies are there drinking and being a pain.

Comp at night is great, lots of races and a few strange looking rides.

The dunes aren't as steep as Dumont but are great for family rides. Lots of witchs eye so be careful, also lots of drop offs 10' of better that sneak up on you.

I'd like to take my new Cannondale out there we'll see if my 400EX paddles fit.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Smitty

Old 03-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Gecko isnt that bad, its a nice dune run to the hills. Like he said, he likes to ralley, not drag race,, so Gecko should be perfect!

RoostKing...

Old 03-10-2002, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to see Olds and run up it twice and I'm done w/ that scene. Hillshooting is boring to me. It's a money game. I don't mind a ride to see it, thats what duning is about I just want to be able to sleep at night.

Old 03-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will be going to Glamis this Thursday or Friday. I'd love to meet up with some of you there and do some riding. I tend to where everyone out that I go with and last time I found myself without anyone to ride with. I should be staying in gecko. I have a 2002 ds Baja(Orange and Black), so it shouldn't be hard to find me. If anyone wants to meet up, e-mail me and we can work something out. Looking forward to seeing somebody there!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2002, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Baja, I will try to call you tonight. Ill be leaving Friday afternoon,, or maybe Thursday if I can get my machine back together in time.

Sand God.. I have some jetting specs for you.

400ex. Its piped w K&N , my buddy is running a 170

Raptor Piped, K&N, no airbox, 180/185, but he feels that is a bit rich

Should be looking for you guys and we can do some riding!

RoostKing...

Old 03-11-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Roost King. I'll try a 170/175. I bought 25 pilots too. Stock is 22.5 which works great at 5000ft. I 'll put the 170 in for the 400 as well.

Old 03-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Count me in, I don't have any spouse duties this weekend.

Looking forward to get my new Cannondale Speed in the sand. First real ride with her so I'll be cruising.

Look for a 1971 Ford F-250 mostly white running around Gecko at 8:30 -9:00am

Later

Smitty

Quick Reply: Looking to hook-up w/ some Glamis and Dumont riders.