Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dune Fest Aug 1-4th!!! Now with pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dune Fest this year held at Windchester Bay Oregon is August 1-4th.
See www.dunefest.com for more info.
See you there!

Old 07-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

hey mike ill see you there ! I met you at four stroke wars. Were arev you going to be camping at? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would like to hook up with ya for a ride !!!

Old 07-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have some questions about Dune Fest this year. We went last year and camped out in the sand and just paid the 5 bucks like we do everywhere along the Oregon Dunes to sand camp. What is this 60 buck stuff and preregistering? We didn't do any of this last year. They also raised the prices for the drags. Are they trying to make it so no one wants to come??? I mean this is turning into more money then we paid for full to go to St. Anthony for just one weekend. I also heard that they were going to try to crack down on the parties at night? If this is true then whats the fun in going???? Any info would be great! Thanks

Old 07-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

sand45- I will be at the campground right on the sand at windy bay. I forget the actual name but it's the only one. We will be in the very back left corner of the campground. Look for a dark blue chevy fullsize 2500HD crew cab long bed with CA plates and my Red R.
Where are you camping?

Z400Chick-I think they raised all the prices this year to promote a family atmosphere. With the high prices and limited number of camping permits (I think) they hope to keep the roudies out.
I am not crazy about it either but not much we can do about it. It will still be a blast with the dunes and a decent temp (unlike in So Cal in the summer). Dune rides, what more can you ask for!? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Another thing to consider is this is an Organized event. I think it's the only organized sand event of it's kind. Events like these take money. They need to pay for permits, trash removal, toilets, volunteer housing and on and on. It's not easy to put on an event like this nor is it cheap!

See ya in the sand!

Old 07-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Mike dose windy cove or discovery point sound right? Anyways ill find you.Are you brining the baja also? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think im going for one night or for the day.

Old 07-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yes Discovery Point is it. No Baja just the R! See ya there!

Old 07-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Range Rover

ill be up there, but probly not camping. winchester bay has the worst dune riding out of all of oregon. i wish it was in florence or back where it was originally, northbend. lots of big hillclimbs in winchester though.

hey come say hi if you see me. ill be on my yellow Z400 with a orange ribbon tired around the middle of it.

you can see the orange ribbon in the pic but thats not me on the bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

pic

Old 07-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Range Rover

wait after reading the website, its gonna cost what $40 bucks just to go one day, that is crap. i already payed for my year so i could camp in the dunes anytime. $15 bucks for parking thats a bunch of crap too, my pass should cover that too. also $25 bucks to watch the events and ride. dam i miss when it was sandfest and was about the riding and the fun.

Old 07-12-2002, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

The problem is they have no major corporate sponsor to cover the event what I have been told from my friends who live in that area. If they have major corporate then it would off set the cost.
That is why the price is high...... kinda **** me off of the high cost to attend there.... but oh well at least I hope I got the permit to camp out on the dune.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Who all going to Dunefest?....

I got the permit to camp out on the dune. Our groups will be camping there and it name Sand Wizard.....

My bike flag will have red,whiteand blue and it have SWR on the middle flag. That our group flag.

Hope to see you guys.

Quick Reply: Dune Fest Aug 1-4th!!! Now with pictures!