Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Would you leave your truck in the middle of the glamis dunes "parking"

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you leave your truck in the middle of the glamis dunes "parking"

I have a dillema. Im heading to Glamis for T-day this Saturday morning. Im not sure where I will be camping, probably somewheres close to vendor alley. My friends are coming out Wed. morning. and want me to leave my truck out by the washes, possibley 1/2 mile away, and rope off a large enough spot for 4-5 motorhomes/trucks/toy haulers. Two questions, would you leave your truck for 5 days 1/2 mile away from your camp in glamis? When you know that there are going to be up to 140,000 people looking for camping, would you rope off that much space for 5 days? Would people even pay attention?

Let me know.

RoostKing...

Old 11-20-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I dont think you will run across quite as many as 140,000 fans but I why not just camp at the trucks if it is only 1/2 a mile from your destination point?

Old 11-20-2002, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No, there will be at least 140,000 people at Glamis for the Thanksgiving holiday. Last year they actually estimated 190,000, but Im trying to be more realistic.

As far as camping, id love to get the two groups together, but the group from Colorado is coming out on Saturday, the other group is Wed. The group from Colorado have been out here a few times and feel comfortable cacmping in the Vendor flats. I am going to try to get them to camp where my friends camp near the washes, but if i dont think it is going to happen. Neither camp wants to move.

So the question remains, would you leave your truck?

RoostKing..

Old 11-20-2002, 03:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hell no i wouldnt leave my truck. You will have close to 200,000 people there! I know a few of my friends have woken up and their entire trailer full of bikes were gone. I'd keep an eye out on everything there! Best thing to do is part your vehincles in a giant circle and put all your bikes and posessions inside the circle. I dont think i could bring myself to leave my vehicles unattended for 5 days...

Old 11-20-2002, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

will your friends be able to fiund a spot in vendor flats on saturday???... and to answer your question.. dont leave your truvk.. even if they dont touch your truck.. the flags womt mean shiat and theyll rip them doen of they need a space

Old 11-20-2002, 06:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They should be able to, Im talking about the Saturday prior to T-Day.

RoostKing...

Old 11-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't leave anything unattended anywhere. Especially my truck.. That's your ride home.

Maybe you can rope off an area and hope for the best and keep your truck at your camp?

Old 11-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

NO! i have seen broken down trucks stuck in the sand left out for ONE night and get striped down and/or torched.

Old 11-20-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Nope, wouldn't do it

Old 11-20-2002, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey its your choice but what will happen if a few drunks at night notice you have a large area closed off and just one truck there you figure it out!!!

maybe they will say hey he's saving a spot for his friends WRONG!!!! they will stone your truck possibley flip it up side down maybe just paint ball the thing if your lucky they will just steal it and go for a joy ride thru the dunes
and some one will find it out by china wall out of gas??????????? im just having fun with you but you should know better than to leave your vehical unattended or out of sight of you or your group!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Would you leave your truck in the middle of the glamis dunes "parking"