Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Motorhomes At Pismo ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003 | 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Motorhomes At Pismo ???

We're headed to Pismo next weekend.. actually coming down on Thursday. We should have about 20 people this trip. Dabeechman, no riding next weekend? Guess we'll all have to hook up another weekend.. looking forward to seeing the drag bike! Anyone else headed down is welcome to drop by and say hi!

Old 02-03-2003 | 05:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

pismo, we'll get together sometime and properly set your banshee up. Karyn, yes we do need to hook up sometime. Sad to say, but we need to get more shine on our bikes for prez day weekend. Our pipes are in oregon right now getting chromed as well as some other nick nacks. Are you guys coming down for prez day?

Old 02-03-2003 | 04:19 PM
Range Rover

I have a 29' Class A motorhome with a 16' trailer and what I do is air down to about 15 to 17 pounds and I can drive anywhere, I have never got stuck and I never have a problem crossing the stream even at high tide. You have to air down all the tires, especially the front tires and the tires on the trailer. If you have any more questions just ask.

Old 02-03-2003 | 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

After this weekend, we probably won't be back down until March... right now it's once a month trips... the gas haulin the trailer down is outrageous.. haha! Maybe we can hook up in March!

Old 02-03-2003 | 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

March ill be in nevada at the big hill....lol we're never gonna meet up are we

Old 02-05-2003 | 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

We've got between April and December to hook up.. haha... We are gonna do a week down there probably in June so hopefully one of these trips there we will be able to get together... If something changes this weekend, you know where we're at... Have a good one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2003 | 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Just got back from Pismo. Had an awesome trip.. great weather, great friends!! Interesting weekend, we spent about 2 hours Friday night pulling someone's 26ft Weekend Warrior off the check-in kiosk! Finally had to hook up the winch on the truck to underneath the trailer and pull the entire trailer sideways about 2 feet to get the beam out of the side of the trailer! REMINDER: Don't take the turns sharp, you're dragging a 26ft trailer behind you.. hahahaha! I think he forgot he had it behind him.... too funny! All in all, a great trip!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2003 | 09:21 PM
|
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Motoxracer-Thanks! That is what I needed, some info from someone with first hand experience!! Motorhome tires seem so skinny, that airing them down doesn't seem like it would do much good. But it seems to work for you, so I will pass on that info to my friends. And, if they get stuck, like I said we can just pull them out!!

I carry a powertank www.powertank.com to air back up. Works real well!!

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:30 PM
Range Rover

no problem Recon, I am more than happy to give any experience I can, I can't tell you how many people get stuck at Pismo because they refuse to lower the air in their tires. As for airing up I personally bring an air compressor just to speed things up, I highly recommend having an air compressor, and not a little one but one with tanks. Have a blast but ride careful out there, those back drop offs on the dunes are very decieving at first, very steep.

Old 02-12-2003 | 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Any fast Thumpers going to Pismo this weekend????

Quick Reply: Motorhomes At Pismo ???