Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Motorhomes At Pismo ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003 | 09:04 PM
|
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default Motorhomes At Pismo ???

I have a couple of friends who refuse to go to Pismo, because they are afraid of getting their motorhomes stuck in the sand. There are always a bunch of them there, so it can't be that big a deal. What do you motorhome owners do??? Do you air your tires down?? Does it help to air down those skinny motorhome tires??

I have a Suburban and toy box trailer. I air down to about 20 lbs, and I can go almost anywhere, even in 2wd. Only need to get into 4wd for the worst stuff. I keep telling them if they get stuck, I can just pull them out. And, they can drop their trailers at the entrance and I can take them in for them. Any advice???

Old 01-30-2003 | 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

we live about 10 minutes away. Your more then welcome to crash with us. Most people take their motorhomes out and get as far as they can. Stay the weekend and have angello's pull them out

Old 01-30-2003 | 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

There are tow services that will tow you in and out. They are cheaper to set up in advance than calling them when you are already stuck.

Also you could drop your trailer first then 'assist tow' them in.

Old 02-01-2003 | 11:12 AM
|
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

BeechMan-You have room for 50 people??? Actually, my sister lived in Pismo for years, and just moved away last year. It was so nice to just stay with her. I would bring my flat trailer and we would just push it in her garage at night. It was especially nice to have a place to go during those really windy times when it was to bad to ride!!

I think we could manage the motorhomes if I could just get these people to try it once!!

Old 02-01-2003 | 03:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

haha 50 people? no problem, we have a huge front and back yard. Heheh. Its up to you. The invitation is still open. Just let me know. We have plenty of room

Old 02-02-2003 | 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Debeechman

I just moved to morro bay and looking for some people to go riding with everybody i meet comes from the vally I like to go about twice a week and camp for the big weekends im heading to glamis for president weekend let me know if your interested

for the moterhomes there is always people out there willing to help

PISMOSANDBOX

Old 02-02-2003 | 08:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

twice a week? damn even im jealous! what do you ride?

Old 02-02-2003 | 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey debeechman
i ride a 2000 banshee trying to get a race ready 250r
I was reading in a diffrent message you will be in pismo on the 7th I will be their ether fri sat or sun of that weekend are you only going to be there for one day

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im not sure if ill be able to make it on the 7th now. I am having a bunch of components on my bike anodized, and finishing off a few peices that are up in oregon to be chromed. Might not be able to make it now until prez day. Do you ride the fence line, or a hill guy, or a flat drag guy?

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

im more of find the big jumps im working on a superman and nac nacs right now
ive got t5s on my bike with a jet kit but its not running the way a banshee should have you heared any thing good about having them dyno tuned i was told that banshees come very detuned from the factory

Quick Reply: Motorhomes At Pismo ???