Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Wolverines Live in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverines Live in Alaska

We have a lot of REAL wolverines out here in Western Alaska (The Tundra or Bush) so it seemed only right for my first REAL quad (I had a couple chinaquads to practice on) be a Yamaha Wolverine 450... Enjoy

Thanks for viewing! I really love the Yamaha Wolverine 450, It really is an over-looked Sport-4x4. This thing handles like a full on sport bike and still has the 4wd, My buddies on their full on Utilities have a hard time keeping up on the twisty trails just because they can't make the quick hair-pin turns like I can during the summer haha. It also does pretty damn good in the slop too for a solid rear axle quad, haven't got it stuck in any mudholes yet, I've taken it in mud over the tops of the tires no problem, same with water, once all this snow melts and the swamp season begins then I'll really put it to the test, Haha, I'll have my buddies Polaris 800 xp EFI on standby for tows lol... Stay tuned for more pix throughout the year.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pic's looks cold.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes it does look cold for sure.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like fun. Wish I was there.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Trailblazer

I miss my wolverine now ( I had an 06 and put 1600 miles on it the first year I had it. I was always rolling it over, and pretty soon they were white lines everywhere in the blue plastic because the plastic would stress so much . Then one night of drinking and one of my floorboards were broken and my foot went right into the rear wheel doing 40! I had steel frame riding boots on too and it swallowed my leg in like a meat grinder and jerked me off the bike and ran over the top of me. well needless to say, i had a broken ankle which took 5 months to heal. the best riding boots too! Ill have to post my pictures of the hell I put mine thru.. I have pics riding thru a lake with water way over the seat!! good thing the lcd went before i sold it out so the new owner doesnt know how many miles were on it!!! but I miss it!! I mainly live in muddy area and have 80 acres to ride whenever i want. The biggest improvement I made to mine was I got ITP mud lights on it. I was doing hills that it took me 4 wheel drive to do on 2 wheel drive. I rarely needed 4 wheel drive anymore. I would enter mud holes in 2 wheel drive and try to get myself stuck, then switch to 4 and get out. oh well,,,memories now, and i remember it every time i walk now cause my ankle still no right and cracks and pops everytime i walk.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Ran over my ankles all the time on my old 110 Honda ATC. I was younger and the thing was light so no broken ankles. If only it would have had reverse. Bet you can tell us when a storm is coming now though

I know this thread is old, but I drove through AK and it'd be a dream come true to just ride all around for a month or so there. There's so many things to do and places to see. It'd take a lifetime to experience it! And what's up with all the hot chicks being married there?