Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moose, buy a Honda. You wont need to worry about the camera blowing back at high speed.

You'll get it fixed, I can't wait to see your videos.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Specta,

I want to compliment you on your excellent photos and videos. This might be one of the best threads I've run across in this forum. You are very fortunate and probably know you're living one of every atver's dreams being in Utah.

I've run across some of your other threads, mostly in reference to your Rubicon - I am doing some research prior to my next purchase. I test rode one of them a week ago and loved it. I think it's a great looking utility quad and it just looks like a quality built machine. I also rode a Rancher AT and loved it as well - very torquey out of its first gear, if you could call it that. Anyway, it's very impressive that you've been able to log so many miles with yours, and apparently with no end in sight.

I also noticed Mr. Doug Meyer in some of your posts. I used to catch his show occasionally. I see that he still has a website going, but is his show off the air?

Anyway... I hope you continue taking pictures and sharing them here. You have a pretty good eye for what makes a good shot - great job!

L

Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
Moose, buy a Honda. You wont need to worry about the camera blowing back at high speed.

You'll get it fixed, I can't wait to see your videos.
I figure I'll use the RAM ball mount system to lay it flatter on my helmet so it isn't getting pushed by the wind so much. And, I think I'll tighten myself rather than rely on someone else. If it comes loose when I tighten it I'll have to figure something out. I tried up on the front rack extender but it picked up alot of interference from the engine. Handlebars are too jerky in the rough stuff to do that kind of mount. Helmet seems to be best for our riding.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

LonE, thank you very much.

I'v kind of slacked off with the pictures and I'll get some more up, I'm still taking pictures and riding just haven't taken the time to post them.

I couldn't tell you for sure if Doug is still on the air or not and I talk to him almost daily. Have you checked out his blog??

When I first me Doug I had never heard of him or ATVTV, pretty funny. He's a great riding partner and a good friend.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the pictures, that's what there for and thank you again for the kind words.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I figure I'll use the RAM ball mount system to lay it flatter on my helmet so it isn't getting pushed by the wind so much. And, I think I'll tighten myself rather than rely on someone else. If it comes loose when I tighten it I'll have to figure something out. I tried up on the front rack extender but it picked up alot of interference from the engine. Handlebars are too jerky in the rough stuff to do that kind of mount. Helmet seems to be best for our riding.
My friend spent $1100 for a "professional" camera mount for his ATV and had the same problems that you did with yours.

My sound doesn't come out too well when moving because it is a cheap camera but I really think they need some cusion. My videos turn out better with the camera bungeed to my bag than they do when the camera is hand held.

I think I would have someone aim it for you and then you tighten it up.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your footage.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

8-06-2010 USFS trail #1045

We left Marysvale and headed up Beaver Creek Canyon on Paiute Trail 02 and then hit 01 up to PST 13 to Upper Kimberly.

We took this side trail before we reached Upper Kimberly an old mining town.

There were plenty of side trails to explore along the way.

My Baldy; at 12,199 ft it is #96 of the 112 peaks in Utah that reach past 12,000 ft.

A little Indian Paint Brush along the way. This is one of my favorite wild flowers.

An old cabin along the way.

From the inside

Lunch and a toddy

Doug looked this one up in his book of mushrooms and it is highly poisonous.
I thought it was an awesome looking mushroom.

This trail just isn’t traveled much.

Pristine 2-track heaven.

These are RR ties for the ore cars that hauled the iron ore from inside the mines.

Another shot of Mt Baldy on the right.

What an awesome old cabin. Built from cut wood this 2-story home sits at about 10,500 ft with a breath taking view of Fish Creek Canyon.

This is a killer old home.

I wish I was better with words. This was one of the greatest rides I have been on.

I’m going to quote my friend as he described some of our adventure;

“The trail we chose did not let us down. It was a seldom-used trail that with only a couple distractions led us on an incredible 2-track journey. A journey that traversed side-hills, climbed some rather good distances through the aspens, dropped steeply into a distant stream and followed it to what was for us, a great lunch stop.”

You can read more of what Doug had to say in his blog: ATV Television's Blog

This was truly an incredible journey.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?

Spectacular!
Thank you so much for sharing
the awesome pics and videos.
Better than a good book that I could not put down.
You have a gift and great content!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! I really need to get out to Utah!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

DuneDragin thank you

The Paiute Trail is truly a great place to ride.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Once again, Specta, great pictures. I've kind of figured out the differences between taking pictures where you are and here in New England. There are just not that many shots out in the open here and it's rare to get above the treeline. Yes, I'm jealous!!!! Although, it is nice to have oceans, lakes, rivers, mountains, and sea all within a couple hours drive... Keep 'em coming. If things work out, you can be sure we'll come out for a visit someday!

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah