Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Family's 1st ATV trip to Burning Rock WV

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post, thanks for sharing your families adventure with us. Looking forward to more!!! I tried to get my wife to go riding with me but she is too scared of the machines. Oh well.....I'll keep trying.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcdc04atv
Enjoyed your pics. My wife also enjoys scenic rides with me typically at a slower pace. But having an outdoor activity she is willing to participate in sure is great.

Between job conflicts and distance to good public riding areas, wife and I have not been able to make it out "east" or even out "west" to ride those scenic areas that have been posted on this website. We regularly look at pics posted by members showing the beauty of these areas. Hopefully, when one of us retires so that we can mesh vacation times we will take time to try some of these areas.
Thanks, yeah it's nice to have a wife and kids that are interested in most of the outdoor things I like. And my wife is really the one that makes that possible. It's not just ATV's. We enjoy boating on the lake, Jeep trail rides, camping and RVing and just working on our property together. We're trying to enjoy as much time as we can doing fun outdoor activities with our girls. They won't be little forever and we want to give them as many great experiences and memories as possible.

There are really a lot of great and scenic places to ride just in West Virginia. You owe it to yourself to plan a trip with your wife the first chance you get. You won't be sorry. A lot of good slow pace trails with great views she'll love. Most of the trails at Burning Rock are that way, but they're really just a part of the old Outlaw trail system.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Great post, thanks for sharing your families adventure with us. Looking forward to more!!! I tried to get my wife to go riding with me but she is too scared of the machines. Oh well.....I'll keep trying.
Thanks.
I'll post some pics our next ride in a few weekends.

Yeah, take it slow and easy with her and keep trying to get her out there with ya. Maybe a good excuse to buy a 2up machine if she's a little to scared to pilot her own. I bet if she got a little seat time with you she'd be hooked. And there's nothing like buying a new machine to get you interested in riding....

Old 05-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pic's, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for posting. it looks like you had a good time

I too live in central VA and the family just got into riding (we've been camping for a few years)

I assume you were on the Hatfield McCoy trails. Did you have any issues with the size/age of your daughter on the 2-up machine ?

I want to take the family on a camping/riding trip but have been concerned with having issues taking my 3 yr old with us, if they enforce the manufacturers requirements for passenger size restrictions. I'm either going to do a RZR or a touring 4wheeler.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

my wife likes to ride on the back she's does not want to drive one