General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Weekend poker run

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Weekend poker run

Loaded up the CATS and some good friends on their YAMAHA's on a Poker-derby run for the cancer society on saturday. Only about 40miles away in a small town of RUSO, ND. (it's basically a bar.....and a house)

It was our second derby - ever - and close top 60 machines & riders showed up and we rode close to 40 miles thru just about every kind of prairie trail and farmer's fields out there. It was pretty well organized, with "orange shirt" riders leading us and snacks & drinks made available about 1/2 way thru the ride. It was a huge benefit to have the local farmers make available their property for riding and letting a few "tear-it-up" for mudd'n! (only 1 HONDA had to be fished out..)

Needless to say I'm (we're ALL) wiped! It was a cool and WINDY day - & MUDDY, but fun was had by all + it was for a good cause.

SO I took some pics and thought I'd share.....

Attached Thumbnails Weekend poker run-staging.jpg   Weekend poker run-group.jpg   Weekend poker run-pitstop.jpg   Weekend poker run-goofn_off.jpg   Weekend poker run-dirty.jpg  

Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Not even any buds on the trees there in ND? Wow! When does Spring start there? I would've thought everywhere in the US would have leafs starting to grow again on the trees, but in those pics, it looks like still the dead of winter there. Is this the norm for ND?

Like the pics btw, looks like a bumnch of you guys had a great time!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Red face

Originally Posted by Kodiak450_06
Not even any buds on the trees there in ND? Wow! When does Spring start there? I would've thought everywhere in the US would have leafs starting to grow again on the trees, but in those pics, it looks like still the dead of winter there. Is this the norm for ND?

Like the pics btw, looks like a bumnch of you guys had a great time!

Yea, it's been an unusually LONG & COLD & WET winter on record & pretty bleak looking. We're wondering where spring is too. We've had some ridiculously wild weather and temperature swings.

It was only in the upper 40's and low 50's on Saturday and of course in the 70's yesterday! THe trees actually started yesterday in my yard sprouting & the spring planting for farmers is over 3+wks late cause of the heavy snow cover. (you can see in the pics how much is left in shaded slopes)

On the ++ side the forcast is for thunderstorms today (kickstarts the trees) and for 60+ weather all wk.