General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Congratulations to all my friends who were born in the 1930's 1940's, 50's, 60's&70's

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so true!!!i hope everyone reads that!!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Excellent post! I miss the days of old.(before technology). Just give me the simple life!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Range Rover
Default Living the good life

Reading the post here has brought back some memories. I'll list some of mine.

Remember when phone numbers were only five numbers and two of them were letters, our was GL549.

There were no computers, cell phones or car GPS units and we got where we needed to go just fine by reading a map.

Summer times were spent running down gravel roads with no shoes on.

Every kid lived in fear of the words "I know where you live and who your dad is" when you did something bad.

Every boy looked forward to the day that he got his first gun and then the day that dad decided he was old enough to go deer hunting.

Fathers taught their sons how to be young men, how to treat a woman like a lady, and how to use the sign of respect by calling adults Sir or Maam.

Mothers taught their daughters how to be ladies which earned the respect of the young men who courted them for their hand in marriage.

Marriage was still considered a union between one man and one woman.

Men and women got married for life and stayed that way.

Being gay was not the fashion of the time it was still considered a sin before God.

There were no "Time Outs" when you did some thing wrong. You got the A** beating by proxey from mom and then when dad got home you got the same A** beating all over again just to make sure the point was taken.

Playing did not involve some sort of vidio game it involved some sort of wood stick or club, rocks, dirt, mud, water or anything else that if properly used would eventually hurt someone and usually did.

Deals were struck with a handshake and the contract of a handshake was binding.

Honor and love for the United states ment more to the american people than their very lives and military service was passed on father to son.

Military service was considered a privilage not a job.

Being unwed and pregenate was considered a sin before God.

If you were going through hard times your friends and neighbers were always there to help you see it through.

No one let there neighber go hungry or spend a night with no heat in the winter.

No one let a stranger break into their neigbers house.

If anyone was caught stealing by civilians the police were called to come pick up the pieces after the neighberhood taught them to never come back.

Drug dealers and Crack houses were closed down by the neighberhoods not allowed to stay open by the police who claim they don't have the time.

The right to own and carry a loaded firearm in the public view was considered civic duty now only the gang bangers and other criminals can carry loaded firearms in public and get away with it.

Then the 70's came I went to the military and life started to change. I remember having my Marine uniform spit on and I was called a baby killer.

Now look where we have gone to:

Marriage in no longer considered a union between one man and one woman.

People left and right are turning their face away from the God that our fore-fathers believed in enough to die for.

Turn on the tv and every channel sells sex, drugs, premarrital sex is condoned and that men are so stupid that they cannot survive without a woman telling them what to do.

Being gay is now the fashion rage and everyone has to be part of it to be cool.

We are caught up in yet another Vietnam War just the place has changed.

Could go on forever.

I most likely wrote something here that hurt someones sensitivities but I look at it this way..As a combat wounded veteran I gave my blood so every american could say what was on their mind..and this folks is a little of what is on my mind..

God bless all who read this.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Dittos Sandhog! I remember when men of character were allowed to speak their mind without a liberal press calling them homophobes, bigots, narrow minded... etc. Now, they only want you to speak your mind when you agree with the liberal dogma. Free speech is what it is... I wouldn't trade my freewielding childhood, teenhood and now my God inspired views for anything. (Although I would have behaved a lot better as a teen if I knew what I know now)

Old 01-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

ill agree with mostly all of it. i was boarn in 1980.

i played:

in the woods
in a sand box
on the driveway

explored my woods along with other neighbors woods. built things from wood outside.

played with legos.

had one tv, and no internet.

if i wanted something i had to find a job to buy it. not beg mommy or daddy for it. (evon tho i grew up with my grand parents)

i didnt get the internet tell i was 22

im 29 now. wish i was 10 again.

gas was .88 a gal not $3 + $$$

and thing were affordable.

you could repair things on your own. not bring it in to get fixed as its all computers.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Range Rover
Default thank you

thanks to sandhog and everyone who has fought for our freedom