General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Snow Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Tracks

I have been considering purchasing Track systems for my quad so I can use it in Winter. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
I have been considering purchasing Track systems for my quad so I can use it in Winter. Anyone have any thoughts?
Yes. If you can afford the tracks and the mounting system......and you have regular snow they are a blast. Well worth the cash IMO. It turns your 4wheeler into a tank. The thing will go pretty much anywhere. I sold my sled and used some of the cash to pay for the tracks. Great "investment"......If you've got snow to plow, you'll laugh at the ability of the machine to push. It just goes. In fact, you need to be cautious of your plow gear. The machine will destroy it in short order if you're careless. I guess I shouldn't say careless, but you need to be careful, or you'll buying a new plow setup every two years. Don't ask how I know this.....

Speaking of snow, the Olympics is starting....

Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Thanks for commenting. I am wondering if you noticed any additional wear on the ATV components with them. Especially suspension parts like ball joints etc. I have both solid and IRS machines. Wondering if they will bust up the IRS pieces.

Just got a new Warn plow last week, so I should be good to go for a couple years then...