General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

north vs. south

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010 | 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

As a northern rider, I ride my quad until the snow gets too deep. Then, I get out my snowmobile and keep riding. It's a fun change of pace, and there's no dust.

Old 03-18-2010 | 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

NO! I think that all the dust and heat is some of the best riding you can get. I live in northern Oregon and whenever we get a heat spurt and it gets all dusty or I go to Navada or eastern Oregon then I just embrace the dust and heat!

Old 03-19-2010 | 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

I can deal with the heat but I hate the dust. We went to a place called ST. Joe State park in missouri. That has to be the best place i have ever been. It is full of all kinds of terrain from mud, hills, rock crawling and wide open sand pits. Camp and ride, when you get tired stop off at the swimming hole and take a dip. Best weekend ever! We are gpoing to Atica Indiana to try out the Badlands at the end of April.

Old 03-19-2010 | 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

I think the north has it best, u get the snow in the winter, the mud in the spring, and good temps in the summer. I mean, yeah the snow and mud gets annoying after the first month or so, but hey, its somrthing they dont have

Old 03-19-2010 | 07:56 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Originally Posted by Beastly 3hundo
I think the north has it best, u get the snow in the winter, the mud in the spring, and good temps in the summer. I mean, yeah the snow and mud gets annoying after the first month or so, but hey, its somrthing they dont have
Oklahoma - we have mud. ; )
Big Red Off Road Park Photos - ATV Motorcycle Trails Oklahoma - March 13 2010

We are actually scheduled for ANOTHER snow storm this weekend. Blah....

Old 03-19-2010 | 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Koopa

That place looks awesome! How big is it and can you send more pics?

Old 03-19-2010 | 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

It's a 160 acres privately owned. Great place. There was a pipeline put through the place and made some awesome terrain that branches off in dry creek bottoms. The creek that runs through currently provides plenty of mud.

Big Red Off Road Park for ATV, Quad, Dirtbike, Moto, Trails, Trail Riding in Oklahoma. Click photos at the top. He has them broke down by weekends.

Old 03-23-2010 | 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

I live and ride in west central Alberta - eastern slopes of the Rockies. Thousands of acres of Crown land to ride on. We ride year round on cutlines, trails, de-activated roads, etc. Enough locals ride in the winter that the snow is usually fairly packed on the trails all winter. For sledding, I drive a couple hours west to Valemount or Blue River, British Columbia and tear up the deep powder in the mountains.

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Koopa

eew! look at all that red mud! looks like someone spilled some paint or somethin! but do u have any hill climbs??

Old 03-24-2010 | 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Beastly 3hundo
eew! look at all that red mud! looks like someone spilled some paint or somethin! but do u have any hill climbs??
Red Mud? Is there any other kind? Haha, Yeah Oklahoma is most definitely red dirt country.

As for hills yeah, there are some. Nothing crazy but, big enough for some fun and lots of them. The dry creek beds offer hills ranging from 4 to probably 15 feet in some places. Here is a link to a youtube vid I posted up. Camera work wasn't the best (Thanks mom!) but, look in the background and you can see alot of the small ones. Of course as always video doesn't show steepness or size very well.

YouTube - Another Rhino Ride along BigREd

Here is a good image of one of the little hills.
Big Red Off Road Park Photos - ATV Motorcycle Trails Oklahoma - March 6 2010/29

Quick Reply: north vs. south