General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Dad wont let me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming hes 16 by his login handle. I personally dont suggest you buy it without your dads permission......but that depends on your dad.

My son has been riding since he was 5.....and at 9 hes got a 250ex. That aside when he does something I specifically say not to.....its bad, real bad. I can put up with alot of **** but Im NOT having somone disobey a direct order from me.

If you bought it without my permission I would put it on ebay starting at $1 with no reserve and you would get whatever it sold for.......minus my storage fee of $25 a day till it was gone.

Now if we bought a machine together I would likely go buy you some new Holeshots and a performance exhaust so you could have fun......

There is a huge difference.....try to balance this out.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Listen I was in the same boat as you up until this year. My mom said let him get one but my dad always said no. I have been riding all my life. My dad was not scraed that I would get hurt, but that we had no place to ride and no where to keep it. My dads best friend has a house with 75 acers and my dad saw me ride there on big machines at such a young age. I was begging my parents for a quad since about 8 yes old. My dad said you find a place to keep it ride it and store a trailer I will let you get one. I went to research on places to ride and a place to keep everything. I could not fit a atv so I got a dirtbike instead. My brother also got one and me and my brother paid for the bikes, trailer and saftey gear. Now at 16 yrs old I finally got a machine. Demonstrate to your parents that you are all about saftey. And please where a helmet at all times. Just keep on bugging them and do not buy one behind there back. Believe me my friends got in a lot if trouble with the cops and their parents.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

i would just try to talk to him about it, and make sure you say 'reasonably'. what i mean is him saying death machine is unreasonable, you know? just be like, dad, i know you want me safe, here's all the helemts and gear and etc, i won't ride here, there etc. talk and come up with something he agrees with. show him your mature and ready for this, like you know you are.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I've been talking with him about it and I think he might be good with it, I just have to get all the safety stuff first. To anyone wondering I'll be riding in sand pits with my buddys

Old 04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

Sounds good. Remember to be extra cautious and ride safety first for a good while. Be darn sure to have no trouble with the law. Nice to believe honest conversation works. I am guessing you are a pretty responsible kid in general or he wouldn't be coming around. Keep at the grades and job and you will having fun on your quad for a long, long time.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good to hear that things are working out some what. If you are around my age 16 yrs old I know money can get tough at times with buying a car and stuff. So check out rockymountainatv.com. They got some great deals on saftey gear and parts. Just remember all the helmets and riding gear looks all the same when covered in mud. Just look for the clearance section. Keep us updated and I hope everything works out just great.