General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Advice on 700 class

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on 700 class

Hello all,

First time poster here and wanted to say hello. I just found this site last night and couldnt stop reasearching topics, very good info on here.

I am in the process of getting a newer ATV in the 700 class. I just sold my 2008 Outlander 500 and wanted a little more power. I was looking at the 2009 possibly 2010 Kingquad and Grizzly 700s. First off, I was wondering if there is a good noticable difference that I will feel in power off the line, top end, and thru torque with the 700s as opposed to the 500 I had. I think an 800 will be to much. I do alot of trail and field riding.

Second, has anyone heard bad things about either one of these machines for 09 or 10? Ive read about the air filters in the KQ but that was pretty much it. Its a tough decision so I figured all the input from people who have them already would be a big help.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

welcome to the forum mudshooter. Ive got personal experience with all three of these machines. I own an outlander 500 and an arctic cat 700. The outlander will beat my 700 off the line with ease ,but it tops out at 55mph so my cat will eventually catch up as it runs about 62ish. Ive also ridden the king 750 and the grizzly 700 as two of my friends have them. The king quad is gonna be the king out of all three in my opinion. incredible bike. The outlander is the only v twin out of these machines and for me you can tell as it has great mid and top end throttle response,but the single cylinder bikes will provide more torque at lower speeds( i have noticed this between the outty 500 and my cat 700) the cat uses less gas to pull a hill at say 5mph,as the outty uses more to get it moving up. As far as the grizzly goes its a great bike,plenty of power,cant go wrong. Same with the king quad. Its got awsome power and rides great. I honestly cant say which machine is going to be better,because i dont know your style of riding. You really just need to ride them and see for yourself. If you want a sport ute then maybe an outlander 650 would do you better. if you want a work ute maybe the grizzly or king would be better for you. Keep in mind more horse power dont always mean the best or fastest. good luck sorry for the long post.

the king quad 750 is not on here but it got 49.6 hp
Can-Am Outlander 800__61.7 hp
Can-Am Outlander 650__55.4 hp
Kawasaki BF750 Carb___50.1 hp
Sportsman 800_________50.1 hp
Kawasaki BF750 EFI____49.8 hp
Suzuki KQ700__________48.5 hp
Yamaha Grizzly 700____45.6 hp
Sportsman 700_________44.3 hp
AC 700________________41.4 hp
Kawasaki BF650________41.4hp
Yamaha Grizzly 660____40.9 hp
Can Am Outlander 500__40.4 hp
AC 650 H1_____________39.3 hp
Honda Rincon 680______38.5 hp
Suzuki KQ450__________36.7 hp
Sportsman 500 EFI_____36.0hp
Sportsman 500 HO______34.5hp
Honda Rubicon_________33.9hp
Arctic Cat 500________32.0hp
Sportsman 450_________29.7hp
Can-Am Outlander 400__28.9hp
Honda Foreman 4x4_____26.9hp
Honda Rancher 420_____26.1hp
Yamaha Grizzly 450____26.0 hp
Yamaha Grizzly 400____26.0 hp
Yamaha Big Bear 400___22.9 hP

Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you very much for the reply. I think it's going to be between the Outlander 650 and the KQ 700. The big issue drawing me away from the Outlander is the price tag. I do a lot of mid level trail riding and muddin. One thing I do want is more torque. The Outlander didn't seem to have all I want through the mud. I'm hoping the KQ will meet these needs. I was hoping to get a little more off the line but it surprises me to hear the 500 takes your 700. Does anyone know the differance between the KQ limited aNd KQ AXI?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

I'm not sure but i thought AXI meant - automatic,electronic fuel injection,independent rear suspension. I know,the "X" throws you off. don't know what the limited is unless you mean limited edition,which is possibly a different color,rims,front/rear bumpers,and usually a winch with maybe some different things added depending. Or it could be a solid rear axle king quad .

I personally think the king quad 750,Or are you talking about the 700? anyways the 750,which is what id get before the 700,has what you want. Good low end(has a slight lag though. A shim modification helps with this)and has plenty of power for your trail riding with independent rear suspension that has a sway bar for less body roll. i think you should give them both a try before you decide as both are different machines. I also like the full locking differential the king has over the outlander. My outlander doesnt work well at all ,but my cat with the locker pulls me out all the time.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds good. Sorry for the confusion, it is the 750 I am talking about. I was hoping to find a 2009 leftover. I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to check them both out. I was looking on Suzuki's website and they have one called the 750 Limited, as in King Quad Limited. Ill ask the difference tomorrow. The full locking is one of the features I like as well. My outlander didnt have it and it seemed like not enough power was at the front wheels when the visco lock kicked in. I also think I am going to go without the power steering unless there is a good deal to be had. I cant justify the extra money for power steering when for years I have been fine without it. Ill let you know after tomorrow, hopefully Ill have a decision by then. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

my friend just bought the 750,camo, with power steering a little over a month ago. He payed right at $8,000 for a 2009 at Abernathy's in Tennessee(we live in st louis). He said they sell about 15 bikes a day during the week and about 40-50 a day on the weekends. i think it was about 85% of their sales are from out of state. Some of the best deals you'll find. Look them up on the internet and givem a call,maybe your local dealer can match it.

just looked at the suzuki site and the only thing i could see in the limited is that its black. All the atvs(besides the special anniversary edition) are black that are called limited. So its just the color.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the tip. I live in CT, but will most likely be going to New Hampshire so I dont have to pay sales tax. Ill give them a call and see what they give me for a price and hope my dealer will match it. Its worth a try.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

It looks like I am going to go with the King Quad. I didnt see to much of a difference between that and the Grizz, but the KQ has a much better warranty, and zuk is offering a good finance rate. There are not many 09's left in my area but I have found a few. My LAST decision......Should I go with the White, Camo, or Black?????

Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

I think black tends to show scratches more.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thats what I am thinking, and after a few years of use the camo will look alot better than the black. The dealer that has the black one in New Hampshire (no sales tax) is also wanting to charge me $400-500 for dealer and freight costs. If thats the case I might as well just buy in CT and pay the 6% sales tax because the CT dealer only charges a $60 doc fee. However, Im going to talk to the other dealer in NH who has the camo KQ. It sounded like his fees wont be as much and I still havnt even negotiated with him yet at all. I shooting to head up there friday.

Quick Reply: Advice on 700 class