General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Anyone familiar with Linhai

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with Linhai

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Linhai brand. From my research they appear to be the only Chinese manufactured ATV with Japanese quality. They are in business with Yamaha apparently.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone heard of Linhai - Yamaha ATV's? » QUADCRAZY ATV Forums

here is an involved discussion. I only read a few of the posts but the one that caught my eye... no info from yamaha about the agreement?

Good luck

Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but a lot of the Chinese off-brand quads claim to have engines like their Japanese conterparts. They are NOT as good as the Japanese mainstream brands. They are cheap ripoffs of the engines that the Japanese makers have perfected. I had one that claimed to have a Yamaha engine. It was a Chinese quad company called Yamoto. It was a horrible piece of garbage. Just my .02 worth.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by King Quad
Anyone heard of Linhai - Yamaha ATV's? » QUADCRAZY ATV Forums

here is an involved discussion. I only read a few of the posts but the one that caught my eye... no info from yamaha about the agreement?

Good luck
Interesting. That forum sounds like someone heard the rumor but no one could either confirm or deny. You can check it out for yourself. Yamaha might not be saying a whole lot about it but if you check out Linhai Canada's website, you can read the whole story. Yamaha actually owns a percentage of their company and/or factory in China. Check out www.linhaicanada.com and click the "about us" tab. They are not saying the two products are the same. But they are definitely "in bed" together, so to speak. Sounds like Yamaha moved it operations to China.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

I actually sold the Linhai for a while. They are a decent unit for the price. Of the ones sold I only had one come back and it was a ignition switch problem.