General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Just so y'all don't forget. ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I would like at what point does one go from being enemy to ally? Y'all were at war with the brits a hundred and some years ago ... they are now your allies, the japs were your enemies around 70 yrs ago ... but they are allies ...

But some actress who gets some media face time 40 yrs ago is worthy of such anger? Seems kinda silly to me

Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by merrickvilleguy
Well I would like at what point does one go from being enemy to ally? Y'all were at war with the brits a hundred and some years ago ... they are now your allies, the japs were your enemies around 70 yrs ago ... but they are allies ...

But some actress who gets some media face time 40 yrs ago is worthy of such anger? Seems kinda silly to me
Ummm, just cause the gooberment thinks they are the cats *** doesn't mean the masses do.

Your obviously not a US citizen so no matter how its explained to you, you will never truly get it. Got it?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Sigh ... if an actress getting a bit of face time in the media is enough to damage the almighty us of a ... honestly ... you shouldn't be so proud of your country in the first place

There are plenty of actors and actresses even today that get more face time and do more damage ... that she pales in comparison. It just seems that folks have this romantic memory of the **** show that was the viet nam war so anything about it has added importance.

Hell a handful of cave dwelling sand people did so much more damage to your society than she ever did ... and you guys took it hook line and sinker ... (bet you can't even read the word muslim without getting a bit sick to the stomach)

but no you're right ... someone seeing some good in the bad is clearly a larger threat and needs to be berated decades later

hell I bet most folks here under the age of 40 need to read wikipedia to even figure out what you are in a tizzy about.

Oh, and looking at your sig, seems your brief mil career began several years after the war had long since ended so what about the war do you really get ?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971

**** You....... and don't **** with me. I'll ban your *** just for being as stupid as you are and I never pull that **** on anyone but I may make an exception for you.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!

Well I have to be honest.....there was that one time with FunRide. But He can be sooooooooooooo arrrrrrrgg.

But he and I have our own thing going and he's a big boy and can take care of his self.....

Just want to keep on the up and up......

Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell I bet most folks here under the age of 40 need to read wikipedia to even figure out what you are in a tizzy about.

I'm 37 and I'm savvy... What's wikipedia?

I also spent 8 years in the Marines- and freebird has a very legitimate post here.

The only one that seems to be in a "tizzy" is you- simply because someone else holds his own opinion (which I guarantee is the majority of opinion)

You're questioning / confronting someone that would appear to have more knowledge and conviction on the subject then you.
You posted in a public thread under the "general" section- If you feel that you can offer some constructive points of view- then by all means, voice'em... but if you're going to just sit on your computer and sling nonsense sounding like a douche-bag, while not contributing to the topic with any real substantial feedback, then start your own topic on how you think Americans don't have the right to hold accountable some female twit who openly / publicly made (moronic] statements against the USA- regardless when it was.

Ehh- now I'm late for work. If I had more time- I'd point out how totally out of line and silly your comparison between Jane Fonda and the Britts & Japan are. Meanwhile, try to research wikipedia and find some patriotism for yourself!

BTW- YOU are sooo not riding in Douglas with me!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Trailblazer

my point was .. she said a few things, her own opinion, several decades ago. People in the states regularly say crap about you guys every day of the week (hell look at that baptist church down there that openly and publicly protests every new pine box that comes back from the sand box) ... I'd honestly have to say ... her little bit back then was nothing more than grand standing for the cameras

She just doesn't seem that important to be so upset over so many decades later. And BG, her statements were made before you were even born, are you honestly going to spend your entire life being all upset over it? Its a bad habit to get into.

My comparison to the brits and japs is that those two counties said far worse about the usa, and killed far far more people. If there is anyone to feel angry at wouldn't they be it?

Hell that broad Jenny McCarthy is doing far more damage to the states than Fonda ever did ... And lets not get started about the guy in Tucson this past weekend ... not only did he target your government, but, he shot and killed a 9 yr old. Seems far worse than a few letters and opinions written at a time when support for the war was waning and she jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm not supporting her, just saying its far easier to be indifferent than being angry

Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If the Baptist church that protests at soldier's funerals wanted to get at the root of why a country would get judged by God they should protest outside of bars, abortion clinics, homosexual events, and the places where sin is taking place. I don't understand their thinking at all.

Fonda did more than say a few things. It's as much where she said them and the time she said them. Nothing more, nothing less. Her behavior was treasoness in a time of war.

We put the British and Japanese in their place in their times and they agreed to terms of surrender. Yes, we now count them allies. Fonda, to my knowledge, has never recanted what she did and said.

I have no idea who Jenny McCarthy is... The Arizona shooter should face the death penalty. He won't be able to go crazy and shoot a bunch of people again if he receives the death penalty.

I know Freebird actually attends soldier's funerals and stands between the idiots who protest and the grieving families and friends. He is not indifferent. If you look through some of the political postings in the past you can see we're a pretty active bunch. It's one thing to call names to some distant "celebrity" that will never be in on the forum. It's another to thing to make claims that aren't in the least bit true about active participants in the forum.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my point was .. she said a few things, her own opinion, several decades ago. People in the states regularly say crap about you guys every day of the week (hell look at that baptist church down there that openly and publicly protests every new pine box that comes back from the sand box) ... I'd honestly have to say ... her little bit back then was nothing more than grand standing for the cameras
You're way off base.
Anyone who is in the public eye as a result of stardom has a responsibility to use that medium in a responsible way- Writing a book on your opinions or a news article is one thing- but when a US citizen tours the country you're at war with and sides with the enemy, showing compassion and using her fame to entice others to join her ideology while using here home country’s media to spread her hatred for the country that provides her a celebrity living- you're a treasonist at the very least. And you’re mighty ignorant if you can’t grasp that concept.

She just doesn't seem that important to be so upset over so many decades later. And BG, her statements were made before you were even born, are you honestly going to spend your entire life being all upset over it? Its a bad habit to get into.
Ok- so because something was said / done before 1974 (my birth) I forfeit my rights to hold an opinion on such history??? Are you serious? What an asinine implication!
I guess USA should just wipe the slate clean every 70 years (average American life span) since only the last 70 years of American history is relevant (using your argument.) I don’t spend much of my time at all thinking about Jane Fonda and the treason she committed- but I’ll still hold her accountable for her choices. Which is why I appreciate reminders like these.

My comparison to the brits and japs is that those two counties said far worse about the usa, and killed far far more people. If there is anyone to feel angry at wouldn't they be it?
You're all over the place with your "comparisons"- they make no sense! I couldn’t find on your Wikipedia anything that mentioned the British and Japanese were American citizens… Not that I wish to give your insipid statement any credibility by answering it, but, Britain & Japan have since supported campaigns that were in America’s best interest. What has Jane Fonda done???

Hell that broad Jenny McCarthy is doing far more damage to the states than Fonda ever did ... And lets not get started about the guy in Tucson this past weekend ... not only did he target your government, but, he shot and killed a 9 yr old. Seems far worse than a few letters and opinions written at a time when support for the war was waning and she jumped on the bandwagon.
This is not the same situation. McCarthy spends more time in front of the camera trying to convince people inoculations give babies autism, and showing off her breasts. I don’t see her parading around in North Korea claiming how fair and compassionate they are!

I'm not supporting her, just saying its far easier to be indifferent than being angry
You sound like you live in a bubble- and you believe you have the only proper opinion. I’d love to go on and school you on the subject of patriotism vs. treason- but I’ve already wasted too much time at work- and on you. I have to get something done today.

I’m done with it.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I'll choose to be indifferent about ice cream. If you blatantly sold out our country and it's beliefs, I'll hold a grudge. And won't forget.

Some of us realize what our country was founded on, and the number of lives given to defend it and we aren't as forgiving.

But then again, thoughts like that may just escape your mind as you gaze out over the Eiffel Tower.

Quick Reply: Just so y'all don't forget. ;)