General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

What's your worst ATV / Cycle injury???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I wonder what they were saying before that?
oh- now you guys are just ganging up- no fair

-

Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first time out riding was last year with Bioware. I was going way too fast and got caught up in the dust behind him. Came up on a set of ruts in the trail and didn't have time to slow down. Front end jumped up and broke my right wrist and sprained the left one at the same time. Then I got tossed when the back jumped and I hit the ground going somewhere between 40 and 50 mph. Luckily the trails were sandy so nothing broken. Just some bruises and a sore body.

Spent the next 4 weeks in a cast and then 2 months in Physical therapy to get my wrist usable again. 6 pins a a plate holding it together now. Still don't have full strength and mobility yet.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Note to self: Don't let Bio lead.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheesh, remind me not to take riding lessons from Bioware.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Tosa800
and broke my right wrist and sprained the left one at the same time.
Spent the next 4 weeks in a cast and then 2 months in Physical therapy to get my wrist usable again. 6 pins a a plate holding it together now. Still don't have full strength and mobility yet.
Wrist injuries suck! that pic of me above with the ear sewed back on was when I broke my right wrist also- that was many many years ago and its never been the same- hurts even today, and when I ride my fingers go numb.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
Wrist injuries suck! that pic of me above with the ear sewed back on was when I broke my right wrist also- that was many many years ago and its never been the same- hurts even today, and when I ride my fingers go numb.
Yea, the doctor said that I would likely always have problems with it. I know that right now it is the worst when my right hand gets too cold. My entire right hand will start to lock up and becomes increasingly more difficult and painful to move as it gets colder.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Wife broke her wrist slipping on some wet tile. 3 months out of that cast, she put my quad into a tree and broke the other wrist.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Wife broke her wrist slipping on some wet tile. 3 months out of that cast, she put my quad into a tree and broke the other wrist.

oh man! that sucks! hope the bike healed errrr, I mean...hope the wife healed up ok!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by beergut
oh man! that sucks! hope the bike healed errrr, I mean...hope the wife healed up ok!

Oh, it was tough. The quad is just about upright against a tree and she's laying on the ground about 20 feet from it. Fortunately, I ran to the correct one first.

They got up to 30 in the fracture count and stopped. We aren't sure what she exactly hit it on, but the doctor said it looked like someone just took a mallet and smashed her wrist.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

On a little SUZUKI 80 3 summer's ago at my brother-in-laws he cut me off while scooting back to the farm in the ditch and I jack-knifed when I jammed the brakes. Went over the handlebars but not before throttle side sliced into my rght leg leaving a nasty cut and bruise.

NOTE TO SELF - riding a bike that's WAYYYY to small with shorts - no helmet - and some "liquid" courage......NOT a good idea.

Now back in '89 I his a tree stump sticking out of the ice with a borrowed 340 AC JAG on XMAS break.
Broke a chunck off my hip that attached to the main muscle that runs down my leg - smashed my knee. - ALL required surgery.
But before that I had to tie my torn up leg to my other leg with my scarf and ride the machine 3 miles out of the bush to the closest highway, then I passed out.

Quick Reply: What's your worst ATV / Cycle injury???