General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

All you cigarette smokers....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011 | 08:45 PM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Took a long time to get the wife to stop throwing her butt out the window.

Need a bigger window now.
Lol- hence the "convertible"

Old 10-11-2011 | 08:53 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally Posted by beergut
Lol- hence the "convertible"
Guess when I got her the new car I shoulda got a moon roof instead of a sunroof.

Old 10-11-2011 | 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 95wolv
Blond hair and blue eyes? sounds like he is a supporter of the "perfect Ayrian race" Hitler was promoting........lol.

Is it not? Even places of employment are nicotine testing and flat out telling people that smoke they can not have a job, and want to fire those who do.

I do not have a problem with banning smoking in public places, and close to entrances, and the idiots that toss them out the window during fire season should be strung up.

Do I need the government telling me how to live, and when?

Old 10-12-2011 | 07:18 AM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by _Kong_
Is it not? Even places of employment are nicotine testing and flat out telling people that smoke they can not have a job, and want to fire those who do.

I do not have a problem with banning smoking in public places, and close to entrances, and the idiots that toss them out the window during fire season should be strung up.

nope- I pretty much agree with your points above- except for what you consider "perfect"

I really can't blame employers for discriminating against smokers though- from a liability / productivity point of view- the average smoker (not to stereotype every smoker- cause I know smokers who are not like this) takes more breaks / longer breaks and are more susceptible to falling ill to virus & bacterial infections that require medical attention. Even where I work, in a pharmacutical research building, I see the same group of smokers ducking out every hour or so to light up. They banned smoking on the company property- so all the smokers cross the street and hang out in the u-hall parking lot and light up. a 15 minute break turns into a 25 minute break every time.

the only 2 things I have problems with in regards to cigarette's.... 1- their smoke invades my space and 2- the eyesore of seeing butts all over the ground.
Other then than that- if you want to smoke in your car, your house, your yard.... have at it!

Old 10-12-2011 | 07:24 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

No doubt. They pass ordinances saying you can't smoke in restaurants and bars here. I understand the non smoking crowd not wanting to smell them or wind up smelling like them. But shouldn't the ultimate decision as to whether it's allowed in a private establishment be made by the person who has put the money up for it to be there? Seems to me, the ones that don't want to go to the places where there is smoking allowed could open up their own smoke free eateries. If as many people as I hear say they'd go to a place like that, seems like it would be money making enterprise.

Old 10-12-2011 | 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
nope- I pretty much agree with your points above- except for what you consider "perfect"

I really can't blame employers for discriminating against smokers- from a liability / productivity point of view- the average smoker (not to stereotype ever smoker) takes more breaks / longer breaks and are more susceptible to falling ill to virus & bacterial infections that require medical attention. Even where I work, in a pharmacutical research building, I see the same group of smokers ducking out every hour or so to light up. They banned smoking on the company property- so all the smokers cross the street and hang out in the u-hall parking lot and light up.

the only 2 things I have problems with in regards to cigarette's.... 1- their smoke invades my space and 2- the eyesore of seeing butts all over the ground.
Other then than that- if you want to smoke in your car, your house, your yard.... have at it!

lol, I don't know where you work, but the people I work with are way more productive than the nonsmokers. They will bust a gut just to get done, to get outside, for 5 minutes.

I totally agree with you on the butts on the ground. That is nasty, and I don't understand why people do that. Its not that hard to knock the fire off, and throw away the butt. Although, where I work, they banished people totally off the property, told them where to go, but took away all the ashtrays. No exactly conducive to a clean place.

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
No doubt. They pass ordinances saying you can't smoke in restaurants and bars here. I understand the non smoking crowd not wanting to smell them or wind up smelling like them. But shouldn't the ultimate decision as to whether it's allowed in a private establishment be made by the person who has put the money up for it to be there? Seems to me, the ones that don't want to go to the places where there is smoking allowed could open up their own smoke free eateries. If as many people as I hear say they'd go to a place like that, seems like it would be money making enterprise.

Here in WV, we had that problem. Some bar and restaurant owners lost a lot of business when they put the ban in effect, they decided it was better to pay the fine, and let people light up there. Since then they have changed the law to where they can not do that. These bans do change the definition of "free enterprise" and "Capitalism".

Just like back in the 80's and how the government put their finger on the ATC market, and pushed that out of business, and converted everything over to 4 wheels instead of 3.

Old 10-12-2011 | 07:45 AM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

lol, I don't know where you work, but the people I work with are way more productive than the nonsmokers. They will bust a gut just to get done, to get outside, for 5 minutes.
hourly employees get a 15 minute morning / afternoon break.
It takes 8-10 minutes alone for them just to walk to the spot where they smoke- it's a very big building.
I could care less- none of'em work with me in the lab so, I'm not picking up anyone's slack, it has no effect on me- but if was an employer seeing this... I might feel different about it.

Old 10-12-2011 | 12:31 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

We had those labels in Canada for Years, if people smoke they smoke.

Old 10-18-2011 | 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

I'm still smoke free for over a year and a half now.

(patselfonbacksmillie)

Old 10-18-2011 | 02:23 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by BioWare
I'm still smoke free for over a year and a half now.

(patselfonbacksmillie)
That's good to hear Bio. Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: All you cigarette smokers....