General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

what would your state do???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what would your state do???

so- in a nutshell:

an 82 yo. korean war veteran has two middle aged men break into his house during the day- the vet calls police, the robbers get away....

later that night at 1am- the robbers return, smashing the vet's windows with a rock. The vet grabs his 22 bolt action (fearing the robbers are about to enter his house) and takes (only) 2 shots- one bullet hits one robber in the leg, the other bullet hits the other robber in his chest.

both robbers are treated and are ok.....

The 82 yo war veteran is charged with assault with a firearm, attempt to murder, discharging a firearm within 500' of a house and reclessly endangering blah blah blah

neither robber is charged with a single crime

yep- only in this insipid state of massachusetts...

Veteran, 82, Shoots Pair Who Tried To Break Into Home - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I'd imagine a "real" state like NH or TX would've handed the robbers their *** and blessed the old veteran.

I'm so ashamed to live in this state.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
so- in a nutshell:

an 82 yo. korean war veteran has two middle aged men break into his house during the day- the vet calls police, the robbers get away....

later that night at 1am- the robbers return, smashing the vet's windows with a rock. The vet grabs his 22 bolt action (fearing the robbers are about to enter his house) and takes (only) 2 shots- one bullet hits one robber in the leg, the other bullet hits the other robber in his chest.

The 82 yo war veteran is charged with assault with a firearm, attempt to murder, discharging a firearm within 500' of a house and reclessly endangering blah blah blah

Veteran, 82, Shoots Pair Who Tried To Break Into Home - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I'd imagine a "real" state like NH or TX would've handed the robbers their *** and blessed the old veteran.

Perfectly legal down here. As it should be.

My guess is if he did it down here, he'd get an untold number of high fives, and a free dinner at Denny's.

And I'm sure the robbers will soon file civil charges saying it was so traumatic, they can't steal anymore and now have no income.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In South Carolina you have a right to defend yourself and your property.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Perfectly legal down here. As it should be.

My guess is if he did it down here, he'd get an untold number of high fives, and a free dinner at Denny's.

And I'm sure the robbers will soon file civil charges saying it was so traumatic, they can't steal anymore and now have no income.

Plus he wouldn't of had to settle for shooting them with a measly .22 either.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should be happy he didn't shoot them with a bigger caliber weapon.. They got what they deserved.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
so- in a nutshell:

It makes me want to puke when I read stories like this. I so want to leave this state.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It makes me want to puke when I read stories like this. I so want to leave this state.

x2

I was waiting for you to comment on this thread

our house has been on the market for over a year now- we've had a few lake front houses in NH we've wanted to buy- but we're trapped here

it's soooooo frustrating!

Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap that is so sad. Sorry guys but sounds like a commie state to me. Hell in texas, our cops would have asked if they were dead after shooting them and if not give you an extra few minutes to finish the job. Damn I love my gun lovin state even though its hot as hell and on fire. I will deal with it.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HMT Racing
Holy crap that is so sad. Sorry guys but sounds like a commie state to me. Hell in texas, our cops would have asked if they were dead after shooting them and if not give you an extra few minutes to finish the job. Damn I love my gun lovin state even though its hot as hell and on fire. I will deal with it.
I'm a gun owner and, depending on the town you live in, it can be a horror show to get a license to carry. If you have a gun you're almost considered a criminal in some towns. If you dare defend your family, self, or property you are likely to be brought up in charges.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In MI he would probably end up in prison and the bad guys walk. The bad guys being in the house isn't a good enough reason to shoot them. You have to be in fear for your life and the cops expect you to run away rather than face them.

Quick Reply: what would your state do???