General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

go ford!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The legal speed limit on I-15 in Utah is 80 mph, and most people drive above the speed limit. But right next door, ... we have Nevada, with miles and miles and miles of open road that is not frequently patrolled. Area 51, the extra terrestrial highway, the loneliest highway in the country. I had a 2008 Challenger SRT8 that I got up to 160 mph one time, in the middle of nowhere, Nevada. 160 mph is seriously fast, had a sparrow hit the side view mirror at that speed, and it sounded like a shotgun going off. Totally vaporized the bird, into a puff of feathers.

I'm interested in this new Mustang. I wonder how much that bad boy is going to cost?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Range Rover

It's not all about going fast to me. My '97 C5 corvette was "only" putting out 400 hp and I don't think I ever drove it over about 105 mph, and that was only a couple of times. For me the fun was in being able to go from 0-60 in just over 4 seconds and driving around the high country on the twisty, winding roads. Just the all around performance is what makes it fun for me.
I also have my diesel PU, so I can still pull my house around if I need to.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:31 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobx2
It's not all about going fast to me. My '97 C5 corvette was "only" putting out 400 hp and I don't think I ever drove it over about 105 mph, and that was only a couple of times. For me the fun was in being able to go from 0-60 in just over 4 seconds and driving around the high country on the twisty, winding roads. Just the all around performance is what makes it fun for me.
I also have my diesel PU, so I can still pull my house around if I need to.

I've been in a few 10 second 1/4 mile pro mod cars- nothing takes your breath away like a car that does 0-60 in a few seconds it really gets the heart pumping

Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

I guess it's one of those things that if you need it explained you wouldn't get it anyway. I had a 71 Hemicuda,looked great, insanely fast in a straight line, couldn't corner for sh.., brakes were ok. Now I have a 2010 Challenger, looks good, pretty fast, corners great, and the brakes are awesome. One of my better stress releases than taking it for ride, finding a nice open road and letting it rip. ahhhhh. Neither car is "practical" but I'm thrilled to have owned both.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

If I owned that car, one of two things would happen: Either I'd wrap it around a pole or I'd lose my driver's license after paying off all my speeding tickets. Throttle restraint on a car like that isn't part of the equation.

I'd better stick to more practical forms of transportation!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kick start
If I owned that car, one of two things would happen: Either I'd wrap it around a pole or I'd lose my driver's license after paying off all my speeding tickets. Throttle restraint on a car like that isn't part of the equation.

Same here. I wouldn't be able to go anywhere near the speed limit. I'll stick to my truck that only goes 99 mph.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by kick start

Same here. I have enough trouble behaving in a Nissan Titan Crew Cab long bed. Even when I get in our old Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder I tend to drive it like a sports car. It is good in the corners. If I had a light car with the kind of horsepower my truck has, I would have to just hand my driver's license over to the police.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

My girl friend works at a dental lab and here boss bought a used 2009 Corvette ZR1 for $65,000 Canadian and I do not think he had it over 80 mph yet or ever will. Even though it claims to go 200 mph.

I drove from cost to cost in Canada and never seen a freeway or road where if you drove 80mph for very long you would not be pulled over.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
If you go 65 here, you'll get passed. A lot.

Got a few places here you could stretch that thing out. Looks like I'll need a bigger stocking by the fireplace this year.
That's only 425 hp more than my 5.0L HO.

We have a few stretches of HWY here in Utah that you could exercise that new Mustang.

I LOVE the open road. - YouTube

Old 11-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's a nice car but a Nissan GT-R twin turbo all wheel drive will eat that stang up. HP is nothing if you can't control it. Most people can not drive that car properly on normal roads. Overpriced too at what $65k, who the hell has that kind of money to spend on a 2wd car? You can't tow with it, can't run to home depot with it, and can't put anything in the truck bigger then a lunch box. You can get a used gt-r for 25-30, buy a truck, trailer and a few atv's/bikes. By the way my Titan goes 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...

Quick Reply: go ford!!!!