General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertViper
No new ATVs around our house, but the wife did order me a set of Elka shocks for the Polaris Rzr XP 900.

those are not cheap $$$$- troyboy spent almost $3k on his elka's for his grizz 700.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, they're not cheap. $585 per shock.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

with a 19yr old daughter whom is living at home for free with her BF and new born baby while i pay for here to go too college.....her gift is room and board.

But the wife and i are going to the carribean in january...

Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I was fortunate to receive a small inheritance this year so i plan on giving a chunk of it to Big Brothers/Big Sisters local chapter.
have no idea what to get the wifo...

Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MalHombre
I was fortunate to receive a small inheritance this year so i plan on giving a chunk of it to Big Brothers/Big Sisters local chapter.
have no idea what to get the wifo...
You say, "Honey, we have everything we can ever need (mostly true for us here in the US). Instead of gifts, I gave to the local charity in your name." 2 birds with one stone. If that doesn't work a nice pair of driving gloves might take the cake.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife and I always know what we get each other. But the kids are getting older and want bigger things. We try to spend the same for each kid.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I don't even want to know how much the wife has spent on the nieces and nephews. As long as it for the kids it doesn't really bother me that much. I've been buying 5 dollar toys here and there and putting them in a bag. Nothing fancy, but toys all the same. I'll take them to the church I work at for their toy drive. Granted, the wife bought more expensive stuff, but I think waking up to a less expensive toy is better than none at all.

Picking up a few things for the wife tonight that she said she wanted. She's gotten smart and gives me the ads with pictures now.

As far as stuff for me, I'll wait till after Christmas. It's gonna be on sale or on ebay for a lot less than it is now.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to have to change what I said before about not buying any new ATVs or "side by sides" this year. I just happened to see this "side by side" parked on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it. It was too good of a deal to pass by, so I bought it. It is one of the originals, a "classic", if you will. Here it is with the bow my wife put on it, because she says it is my Christmas present. It is a 1985 CJ-7 that is in mint condition. I couldn't believe how good it had been kept up, it looks like it has been just parked in a garage for the last 26 years. Snagged it for $4000.

Name:  066.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  98.6 KB

Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Bought myself a set of Pitbull Rockers for the XP for my X-mas. Now the budget may be a little short for the wifes gifts. Hope she understands.

We also donate to the local food drives in our area. Wish we could do more, but you do what you can.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by bobx2
We also donate to the local food drives in our area. Wish we could do more, but you do what you can.
You know every little bit helps. That's great.

Quick Reply: Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?